Based loosely on D.H. Lawrence’s 1924 pilgrimage to Taos, N.M., where he hoped to create an artists’ utopia, Amy Boaz’s diamond-cut debut, A Richer Dust, follows Doll, a shy, near-deaf painter who accompanies brooding philosopher Abe Bronstone and his querulous German wife, Vera, from London to Taos. Boaz moves with brisk authority between three time periods: Doll’s aristocratic upbringing in pre-WWI London, her ill-fated, impulsive voyage with Abe and Vera, and her spirited dotage, where she finds love with an eccentric younger man. A superb stylist, Boaz ferrets out the sometimes sinister nature of good intentions. A
A Richer DustBased loosely on D.H. Lawrence's 1924 pilgrimage to Taos, N.M., where he hoped to create an artists' utopia, Amy Boaz's diamond-cut debut, A...A Richer DustFiction, HistoryAmy BoazBased loosely on D.H. Lawrence's 1924 pilgrimage to Taos, N.M., where he hoped to create an artists' utopia, Amy Boaz's diamond-cut debut, A...2008-03-07Permanent Press
Genre: Fiction, History; Author: Amy Boaz; Publisher: Permanent Press
Posted March 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Tom Hanks asks Zoltar from 'Big' for yet another wish
- What to Watch Tuesday: 'This Is Us' goes to the Super Bowl (sort of)
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big