Based loosely on D.H. Lawrence’s 1924 pilgrimage to Taos, N.M., where he hoped to create an artists’ utopia, Amy Boaz’s diamond-cut debut, A Richer Dust, follows Doll, a shy, near-deaf painter who accompanies brooding philosopher Abe Bronstone and his querulous German wife, Vera, from London to Taos. Boaz moves with brisk authority between three time periods: Doll’s aristocratic upbringing in pre-WWI London, her ill-fated, impulsive voyage with Abe and Vera, and her spirited dotage, where she finds love with an eccentric younger man. A superb stylist, Boaz ferrets out the sometimes sinister nature of good intentions. A
A Richer DustBased loosely on D.H. Lawrence's 1924 pilgrimage to Taos, N.M., where he hoped to create an artists' utopia, Amy Boaz's diamond-cut debut, A...A Richer DustFiction, HistoryAmy BoazBased loosely on D.H. Lawrence's 1924 pilgrimage to Taos, N.M., where he hoped to create an artists' utopia, Amy Boaz's diamond-cut debut, A...2008-03-07Permanent Press
Genre: Fiction, History; Author: Amy Boaz; Publisher: Permanent Press
Posted March 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EST
- Comic-Con 2016: 'Supernatural' reveals Sam's fate
- Leslie Jones calls for peace after racist Twitter posts: 'Hug someone'
- Selena Gomez says she needs to 'rethink some areas' of her life
- 'Vixen' season 2: The Flash and Firestorm return in Comic-Con clip
- 'Sherlock' season 4 first trailer
- Comic-Con: Ed Brubaker thought 'Winter Soldier' would be scrapped
- Box office: 'Star Trek Beyond' nearly triples 'Lights Out,' 'Ice Age'