PopWatch reader Jason in Greenville, S.C., sent me an e-mail over the weekend directing me to check out a piano-only version of Mariah Carey’s latest single, ”Touch My Body.” And while the rendition doesn’t leave me quite as rapturous as one YouTube commenter (“love it am crying!” is the listener’s four-word review), I have to admit I’ve had it on repeat loop all morning long in my office. So this means either a) I’m officially ancient and months away from filling my iPod with elevator music; or b) Jason is right in his observation that Mariah is underrated for her ability to write a terrific, complex melody. Listen for yourselves, PopWatchers, then make the call.
Posted March 10 2008 — 4:10 PM EDT
- 'O.J.: Made in America' is EW's best TV series of the year
- 'Hamilton': Jasmine Cephas Jones bids farewell with stunning Instagram
- See John Cena and Aaron Taylor-Johnson in 'The Wall' trailer
- Ryan Reynolds on 'Deadpool 2' and new director David Leitch
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which show should win Best Drama Series?
- 'Rogue One': Felicity Jones didn't want Jyn 'running around in a tank top'
- Best of 2016: How 'Lion' found its 8-year-old star
- The 20 Best (And 5 Worst!) TV Shows of 2016
- EW's 2016 Entertainers of the Year
- The 20 Best Movies of 2016
- Finding 'La La Land': Director Damien Chazelle's 15 Influences for His New Musical Romance
- 38 Photos of Ian Somerhalder For His 38th Birthday
- 'The Bachelor' Season 21: Meet Nick's 30 Bachelorettes