It’s a thin line between 20th-century Nazism and 21st-century corporate culture in Heartbeat Detector, Nicolas Klotz’s rewardingly chilly psychological thriller. Mathieu Amalric (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly) plays a staff shrink at the Paris branch of a giant German-owned company, investigating the unstable behavior of a company director (Michael Lonsdale). And the two Munich costars generate fine, underplayed tension. Klotz shoots in a palette of grays, then adds Schubert and techno for effective musical disorientation. A-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Michael Lonsdale, Mathieu Amalric; Director: Nicolas Klotz; Author: Francois Emmanuel, Elisabeth Perceval; Release Date Limited: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 141; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Sophie Dulac
Posted March 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 6 new tracks we loved this week
- 'Limitless' stages 'Dexter' reunion
- 'The Blacklist': Check out Liz's new look in exclusive first trailer
- Rob Lowe's comedy casts Christina Applegate as former flame
- How 'Grey's Anatomy' is bringing sexy back for season 12
- Max Joseph shares 10 great songs from 'We Are Your Friends' you can't find on the soundtrack
- Matt Damon talks about Snowden's influence on 'The Bourne Legacy'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!