If you had programmed a computer to come up with a movie that is nothing but a string of the deadliest indie-film situations and moods (working-class small-town broken marriage; girl in search of Truth About Her Family; rambling road trip; glacial pauses between mournful thoughts), you’d have Sleepwalking, a soporific dud, which should have been tossed out of Sundance. When 12-year-old Tara’s mother (Charlize Theron) disappears, the girl (AnnaSophia Robb) heads off with her uncle (Nick Stahl) for an odyssey of dullness. They’re sleepwalking, all right, and you will be too. F
Genre: Drama; Starring: AnnaSophia Robb, Nick Stahl, Charlize Theron; Author: Zac Stanford; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Overture
Posted March 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters