If you had programmed a computer to come up with a movie that is nothing but a string of the deadliest indie-film situations and moods (working-class small-town broken marriage; girl in search of Truth About Her Family; rambling road trip; glacial pauses between mournful thoughts), you’d have Sleepwalking, a soporific dud, which should have been tossed out of Sundance. When 12-year-old Tara’s mother (Charlize Theron) disappears, the girl (AnnaSophia Robb) heads off with her uncle (Nick Stahl) for an odyssey of dullness. They’re sleepwalking, all right, and you will be too. F
SleepwalkingIf you had programmed a computer to come up with a movie that is nothing but a string of the deadliest indie-film situations and moods (working-class...SleepwalkingDramaZac StanfordPT101MRIf you had programmed a computer to come up with a movie that is nothing but a string of the deadliest indie-film situations and moods (working-class...2008-03-12Charlize TheronOverture
Genre: Drama; Starring: AnnaSophia Robb, Nick Stahl, Charlize Theron; Author: Zac Stanford; Runtime (in minutes): 101; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Overture
Posted March 12 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- ‘Hocus Pocus’ stage show will haunt Disney World this Halloween
- Young Thug wants to call his next mixtape 'Carter V'
- Former Girls frontman Christopher Owens drops new album
- 'Pawn Sacrifice' trailer shows Bobby Fischer's greatest struggles
- Mariah and me(?!) on stage in Las Vegas: Tweet dreams are made of this...
- Ask the Critic: Chris Nashawaty wants to hear from YOU about movies
- 'Marriage Boot Camp' welcomes... Jeff and Jordan from 'Big Brother?'
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Lady Gaga, The Rock, Demi Lovato & More!