Male stripper, male stripper, male stripper, male stripper. Sorry, alleged male stripper. Now that we’ve got all that titillation out of the way, we can focus on David’s true gift, which has nothing to do with doffing his clothes. The Arizona native, 24, has a rich, soulful, voice and an electrifying stage presence, both of which were on full display when he crooned the Temptations’ ”Papa Was a Rolling Stone.” Plus, the whiff of scandal only makes his performances more riveting. Will someone (ahem, Simon) ask him about his past? Will David suddenly be confused by his surroundings and fling off his shirt? And that, Idol fans, gives David an edge — a quality that this ”most talented group of contestants ever” is sorely lacking.
Posted March 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones' star explains (again) why she turned down '50 Shades of Grey'
- Read an exclusive excerpt from 'Nightfall' by Jake Halpern and Peter Kujawinski
- Someone asked Tom Hardy if he ever thought 'Mad Max' should be 'a man's movie
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman recalls 'dark moments' in Harvard Class Day speech