Male stripper, male stripper, male stripper, male stripper. Sorry, alleged male stripper. Now that we’ve got all that titillation out of the way, we can focus on David’s true gift, which has nothing to do with doffing his clothes. The Arizona native, 24, has a rich, soulful, voice and an electrifying stage presence, both of which were on full display when he crooned the Temptations’ ”Papa Was a Rolling Stone.” Plus, the whiff of scandal only makes his performances more riveting. Will someone (ahem, Simon) ask him about his past? Will David suddenly be confused by his surroundings and fling off his shirt? And that, Idol fans, gives David an edge — a quality that this ”most talented group of contestants ever” is sorely lacking.
Posted March 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young talks Fitz and Olivia's now-public affair
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian-American characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC