(FROM VARIETY) ? The final installment of the Harry Potter movie franchise is being released in two parts, six months apart. Warner Bros. is set to release the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in November 2010 with the second part of the finale opening in May 2011. Both movies will be directed by David Yates and written by Steve Kloves. The movies will be shot concurrently, and it’s not yet clear at what point in the story, adapted from J.K. Rowling’s 784-page book, the films will break. The seventh and final novel sees Harry and his friends battle archnemesis Voldemort to the death. The book sold a record 11 million copies during the first 24 hours after its release last July. The sixth movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, also directed by Yates, will open this November. Daniel Radcliffe and the rest of the cast from the sixth movie are already confirmed for the finale. (Variety)
Posted March 14 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Narcos': Run your own drug cartel in new mobile game
- Matt Damon says 'Rounders' writers have sequel idea
- Matt Damon reveals HBO didn't renew 'Project Greenlight'
- Amber Heard claims Johnny Depp has been 'stonewalling' divorce proceedings
- Of Mice & Men's Austin Carlile: 'I was clinically dead for three hours'
- Grammy Foundation to honor B.B. King with tribute
- 'Shawshank Redemption' tree knocked down by high winds