(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rupert Friend (Virgin Territory, Pride & Prejudice) has been cast and Kathy Bates is in final negotiations for director Stephen Frears’ (The Queen, High Fidelity) French period drama Cheri. The duo will join Michelle Pfeiffer in the movie, about a spoiled young man (Friend) whose mother (Bates) sends him to her courtesan friend Lea de Lonval (Pfeiffer) for an adult education. The two see their six-year romance come to a painful end when the man is forced to marry a wealthy young woman. The story has been adapted from French novelist Colette’s provocative 1920 novel. Friend will next be seen starring as Prince Albert in The Young Victoria, which also stars Emily Blunt. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Frazer Harrison/Getty Images(2))
Posted March 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Gilmore Girls' creator says Rory and Lorelai can drink together now
- Slash surprises 'School of Rock' cast at rehearsal
- Kristen Stewart on relationship: ‘I'm just really in love with my girlfriend’
- 'Ithaca' trailer: Meg Ryan, Tom Hanks reunite in her directorial debut
- 'MacGyver': Tristin Mays joins the CBS reboot as series regular
- 'Gilmore Girls': Lorelai and Rory talk Amy Schumer in first trailer
- Netflix sets 'Gilmore Girls' premiere date
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels