(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Rupert Friend (Virgin Territory, Pride & Prejudice) has been cast and Kathy Bates is in final negotiations for director Stephen Frears’ (The Queen, High Fidelity) French period drama Cheri. The duo will join Michelle Pfeiffer in the movie, about a spoiled young man (Friend) whose mother (Bates) sends him to her courtesan friend Lea de Lonval (Pfeiffer) for an adult education. The two see their six-year romance come to a painful end when the man is forced to marry a wealthy young woman. The story has been adapted from French novelist Colette’s provocative 1920 novel. Friend will next be seen starring as Prince Albert in The Young Victoria, which also stars Emily Blunt. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Frazer Harrison/Getty Images(2))
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Daytime Emmys 2015 winners are...
- 'Game of Thrones': Kit Harington on Jon's brutal decision
- 'Game of Thrones' team explains their choices on Sansa's story
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': $200+M so far
- Jay Z on Tidal: 'not perfect,' 'determined'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' fans launch petition to bring McDreamy back
- Patrick Dempsey's EW Q&A on 'Grey's' exit: 'Shonda cares deeply about fans and how they will react'