(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? America Ferrara, (Ugly Betty), Jonah Hill (Superbad), Jay Baruchel (Knocked Up), Gerard Butler (300), and Christopher Mintz-Plasse (Superbad) have been tapped to voice characters in the upcoming DreamWorks Animation CGI fantasy feature How to Train Your Dragon. The story, based on Cressida Cowell’s first novel in the children’s book series, is about the timid son of a Viking chief who must capture and train a dragon in order to be initiated into his tribe. Baruchel will voice the boy, named Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the Third, while Butler will voice his father and tribe chief, Stoick the Vast. Ferrara will voice Astrid, who partners with Hiccup for the initiation, and Hill will play Snotlout, a bully who thinks he should be the tribe’s next chief. Mintz-Plasse will voice Fishlegs, a large, dim Viking. Pater Hastings (The Country Bears) is directing the movie, which will be shot in Ultimate 3D. It’s set for release on March 26, 2010. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters