(FROM VARIETY) ? Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm) has joined Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler in Lakeshore Entertainment’s romantic comedy The Ugly Truth. She will play a self-possessed news anchor on a morning show where Heigl’s character is a producer. Butler plays a chauvinistic co-worker who puts Heigl’s character through a series of outrageous tests to prove his theories on relationships and help her find love. The movie reunites director Robert Luketic and writers Karen McCullah Lutz and Kristen Smith, the team behind Legally Blonde. Hines recently signed on to co-star in Sam Mendes’ untitled relationship comedy for Focus Features. She also recently finished her directorial debut with the indie Serious Moonlight, and she will next be seen on the bigscreen in Henry Poole Is Here and voicing a character in the animated Space Chimps. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo