(FROM VARIETY) ? Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm) has joined Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler in Lakeshore Entertainment’s romantic comedy The Ugly Truth. She will play a self-possessed news anchor on a morning show where Heigl’s character is a producer. Butler plays a chauvinistic co-worker who puts Heigl’s character through a series of outrageous tests to prove his theories on relationships and help her find love. The movie reunites director Robert Luketic and writers Karen McCullah Lutz and Kristen Smith, the team behind Legally Blonde. Hines recently signed on to co-star in Sam Mendes’ untitled relationship comedy for Focus Features. She also recently finished her directorial debut with the indie Serious Moonlight, and she will next be seen on the bigscreen in Henry Poole Is Here and voicing a character in the animated Space Chimps. (Variety)
Posted March 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Garth Brooks to singing Ashton Kutcher: 'Don’t quit your day job'
- 'Dead of Summer': Who survived the deadly summer?
- Nick Viall named the next Bachelor
- Linklater taps Bryan Cranston, Steve Carell, Laurence Fishburne for next film
- Chris Brown arrested on suspicion of assault with deadly weapon
- Miley Cyrus' homeless date to 2014 VMAs puts Moonman trophy on eBay
- 'Jurassic World' exhibit will feature life-size animatronic dinosaurs