(FROM VARIETY) ? Cheryl Hines (Curb Your Enthusiasm) has joined Katherine Heigl and Gerard Butler in Lakeshore Entertainment’s romantic comedy The Ugly Truth. She will play a self-possessed news anchor on a morning show where Heigl’s character is a producer. Butler plays a chauvinistic co-worker who puts Heigl’s character through a series of outrageous tests to prove his theories on relationships and help her find love. The movie reunites director Robert Luketic and writers Karen McCullah Lutz and Kristen Smith, the team behind Legally Blonde. Hines recently signed on to co-star in Sam Mendes’ untitled relationship comedy for Focus Features. She also recently finished her directorial debut with the indie Serious Moonlight, and she will next be seen on the bigscreen in Henry Poole Is Here and voicing a character in the animated Space Chimps. (Variety)
Posted March 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- First Listen: Ellen Pompeo on Meredith's shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' attack
- Al Pacino and Melanie Griffith join Where the White Man Runs Away
- Lamar Odom makes first public appearance since hospitalization
- Luke's daughter, April, and Mrs. Kim are back for 'Gilmore Girls'
- Kevin Bacon has a creepy kid in the trailer for horror movie 'The Darkness'
- Russell Simmons, Tony Rock to present All Def Movie Awards
- Everything you missed from Kanye West's 'TLOP' premiere
- Check out the new Maz Kanata 'Star Wars' action figure
- Burt Reynolds Through the Years
- 'The Walking Dead’: Exclusive EW Portraits
- Exclusive Look at 'The Walking Dead' Midseason Return
- 30 Exclusive First Look Photos at the New Wizarding World of Harry Potter
- This Is What the Grammys Looked Like in 1996