Can’t get enough Ricky Gervais? The Office and Extras guru is currently busy prepping his debut as a feature film co-writer/co-director (with Matt Robinson), a movie called This Side of the Truth. It’s a comedy about a world where no one has ever told a falsehood, until Gervais’ character discovers lying and uses this new tactic to woo Jennifer Garner’s character. (Also in the film: comic all-stars Christopher Guest, Tina Fey, Jonah Hill, Jeffrey Tambor, and John Hodgman.) Gervais is also blogging the production here, complete with video and audio clips. (Some of these have some NSFW language.) Worth checking out, just to see Gervais and Robinson attack their assistant with Nerf guns, or to hear a lengthy guest appearance from Karl Pilkington, the monkey-loving savant from Gervais’ podcasts. Minutes of fun!
Posted March 18 2008 — 9:45 PM EDT
- Jennifer Garner joins Bryan Cranston in 'Wakefield'
- 'Girlfriends' Guide to Divorce' season 2 premiere react: Abby gets schooled in divorce
- New 'X-Files' promo asks, 'Are we being lied to?'
- 'Real Housewives' star Yolanda Foster and music producer David Foster are divorcing
- Morrissey wins the award for the worst sex writing
- Helen Mirren in talks to join Will Smith in 'Collateral Beauty'
- Nicholas Brendon opens up about suicide attempt on 'Dr. Phil'