In 2006, director Neil Marshall scored with The Descent, a fast, jolty cave-zombie freakfest. So why’s he following it up with this sci-fi action trash? Doomsday sends Rhona Mitra’s one-eyed woman-warrior into quarantined Scotland to find survivors of an old plague, and Marshall cribs whole sections from other movies (Aliens and The Road Warrior, most blatantly) so baldly that you have to wonder how he’d like it if someone ripped off The Descent this egregiously. His zest for repeatedly chopping off heads and hands is kinda funny, though. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Bob Hoskins, Rhona Mitra, Malcolm McDowell; Director: Neil Marshall; Author: Neil Marshall; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted March 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amy Schumer, Aziz Ansari to headline Oddball Comedy Fest
- Sonia Manzano remembers 44 years as Maria on Sesame Street
- Albert Hammond, Jr. says the Strokes don't have new music in the works
- Kaitlyn's Bachelorette blog: Ben would be a 'great husband'
- What's up next for OITNB's Ruby Rose?
- Brody Jenner opens up about Caitlyn in new interview
- Dee Snider is back with his first new song in over 20 years
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Khloé Kardashian, Paul Rudd, Taylor Swift & More!