In 2006, director Neil Marshall scored with The Descent, a fast, jolty cave-zombie freakfest. So why’s he following it up with this sci-fi action trash? Doomsday sends Rhona Mitra’s one-eyed woman-warrior into quarantined Scotland to find survivors of an old plague, and Marshall cribs whole sections from other movies (Aliens and The Road Warrior, most blatantly) so baldly that you have to wonder how he’d like it if someone ripped off The Descent this egregiously. His zest for repeatedly chopping off heads and hands is kinda funny, though. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Bob Hoskins, Rhona Mitra, Malcolm McDowell; Director: Neil Marshall; Author: Neil Marshall; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted March 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors
- Beyonce surprises with powerful new single, 'Formation'