In 2006, director Neil Marshall scored with The Descent, a fast, jolty cave-zombie freakfest. So why’s he following it up with this sci-fi action trash? Doomsday sends Rhona Mitra’s one-eyed woman-warrior into quarantined Scotland to find survivors of an old plague, and Marshall cribs whole sections from other movies (Aliens and The Road Warrior, most blatantly) so baldly that you have to wonder how he’d like it if someone ripped off The Descent this egregiously. His zest for repeatedly chopping off heads and hands is kinda funny, though. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Bob Hoskins, Rhona Mitra, Malcolm McDowell; Director: Neil Marshall; Author: Neil Marshall; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted March 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Best of 2016: How 'Deadpool' became a record-breaking viral sensation
- 'Fast 8' trailer gets release date
- James Van Der Beek and Michelle Williams have a 'Dawson's Creek' reunion
- Jimmy Kimmel to host 2017 Oscars ceremony
- Critics' Choice Awards: Which movie should win Best Picture?
- Jude Law alarms everyone as 'The Young Pope' in tense new trailer
- 'SuperMansion' Christmas special introduces a maniacal Jim Parsons
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday