In 2006, director Neil Marshall scored with The Descent, a fast, jolty cave-zombie freakfest. So why’s he following it up with this sci-fi action trash? Doomsday sends Rhona Mitra’s one-eyed woman-warrior into quarantined Scotland to find survivors of an old plague, and Marshall cribs whole sections from other movies (Aliens and The Road Warrior, most blatantly) so baldly that you have to wonder how he’d like it if someone ripped off The Descent this egregiously. His zest for repeatedly chopping off heads and hands is kinda funny, though. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Bob Hoskins, Rhona Mitra, Malcolm McDowell; Director: Neil Marshall; Author: Neil Marshall; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Survivor: Worlds Apart' merge exclusive sneak peek
- 'Better Call Saul' insider on THAT Jimmy-Chuck shocker
- Casting Net: Emily Blunt, John Krasinski join voice cast of 'Animal Crackers'
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Tracee Ellis Ross, Hilary Duff, Scott Eastwood & More!