In 2006, director Neil Marshall scored with The Descent, a fast, jolty cave-zombie freakfest. So why’s he following it up with this sci-fi action trash? Doomsday sends Rhona Mitra’s one-eyed woman-warrior into quarantined Scotland to find survivors of an old plague, and Marshall cribs whole sections from other movies (Aliens and The Road Warrior, most blatantly) so baldly that you have to wonder how he’d like it if someone ripped off The Descent this egregiously. His zest for repeatedly chopping off heads and hands is kinda funny, though. C
Genre: Action/Adventure, Mystery and Thriller; Starring: Bob Hoskins, Rhona Mitra, Malcolm McDowell; Director: Neil Marshall; Author: Neil Marshall; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 109; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Rogue Pictures
Posted March 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!