(FROM VARIETY) ? Kirstie Alley has signed a development deal for TV projects with Oprah Winfrey’s Harpo Prods. A daily talkshow hosted by Alley is already under consideration, according to Variety. Alley has appeared on Winfrey’s show over the years to discuss her weight loss. A few years back, the former Cheers and Veronica’s Closet star was set to host a syndicated talk show that never got off the ground. Alley most recently starred in last year’s Fox comedy pilot The Minister of Divine and in Showtime ‘s Fat Actress. (Variety)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Kevin Hart to receive Comedic Genius Award at MTV Movie Awards
- Weinstein Company acquires Matthew McConaughey-starring 'Gold'
- David Beckham stars in a new underwear ad... with James Corden?
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!