For a movie called Never Back Down, its high school hero Jake (Sean Faris) sure backs down a lot. Challenged to a mixed martial-arts match by a bully at a pool party, Jake doesn’t want to brawl. Then he does. After he gets beaten down, he trains with a local Mr. Miyagi (Djimon Hounsou) for the rematch. Which he doesn’t wanna fight in. Until he finally does. Movie is dopey. And with its emphasis on stupid violence, xylophone abs, and getting yourself on YouTube, it’s yet another product that makes you feel bad about today’s youth culture. D
Genre: Drama, Action/Adventure; Starring: Sean Faris, Djimon Hounsou; Director: Jeff Wadlow; Author: Chris Hauty; Release Date Wide: 03/14/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 104; MPAA Rating: PG-13
Posted March 19 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Star Wars' Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- 'Supernatural' writer reveals 'Smallville' crossover that never happened
- 'Star Trek: Discovery': Bryan Fuller says he won't be involved
- '22 Jump Street' writer to pen spinoff about female cops
- 'Into the Badlands' season 2: Nick Frost joins martial arts drama
- Why Lynda Carter wasn't the Earth-1 POTUS of the Arrowverse
- WATCH: 'Rogue One' star Diego Luna describes meeting Darth Vader
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big