(FROM AP) ? Oscar-winning British actor Paul Scofield died on Wednesday (March 19) in a hospital near his Southern England home after a battle with leukemia. He was 86. Scofield won an Oscar for his role in 1966’s A Man For All Seasons, in which he played the doomed philosopher-statesman Sir Thomas More, who was executed for treason in 1535 by King Henry VIII. Primarily a stage actor, Scofield’s other notable movies included A Delicate Balance, Henry V, Quiz Show, and the 1996 adaptation of Arthur Miller’s play The Crucible. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted March 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé used New Orleans documentary footage 'with permission' in new 'Formation' video: rep
- Larry David hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Listen to Chrisette Michele's a cappella cover of Adele's 'Hello'
- 'Zoolander 2' tries to recreate the magic of Magnum in new clip
- Tony Goldwyn teases Fitz's state of mind in 'Scandal' return
- Lady Gaga says Super Bowl performance is one of the highest honors