(FROM AP) ? Oscar-winning British actor Paul Scofield died on Wednesday (March 19) in a hospital near his Southern England home after a battle with leukemia. He was 86. Scofield won an Oscar for his role in 1966’s A Man For All Seasons, in which he played the doomed philosopher-statesman Sir Thomas More, who was executed for treason in 1535 by King Henry VIII. Primarily a stage actor, Scofield’s other notable movies included A Delicate Balance, Henry V, Quiz Show, and the 1996 adaptation of Arthur Miller’s play The Crucible. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted March 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt