The video for the U.K.-raised singer’s retro-soul single ”American Boy,” featuring Kanye West, stirs up memories of (classic) Lauryn Hill in both style and sound. In fact, John Legend was so taken with Estelle’s talent for flirtatiously weaving together rap, R&B, funk, and reggae that he chose her U.S. debut, Shine — which includes collaborations with Mark Ronson and will.i.am — as the first release (due April 29) for his new imprint, Homeschool Records. View ”American Boy” at music.aol.com/video-hub or hear more of her tunes at myspace.com/estelleonline.
Posted March 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ryan Lochte's 'Dancing With the Stars' protestors charged
- Solange Knowles to release new album on Friday
- NBC orders full season of 'This Is Us'
- 'Late Late Show': James Corden takes on Usain Bolt in a 100-meter sprint
- 'The Flash': Exclusive first look at Tom Felton
- Amy Schumer is first woman to make Forbes' highest-paid comedians list
- WATCH: Sarah Paulson picks her weirdest 'American Horror Story' role