The video for the U.K.-raised singer’s retro-soul single ”American Boy,” featuring Kanye West, stirs up memories of (classic) Lauryn Hill in both style and sound. In fact, John Legend was so taken with Estelle’s talent for flirtatiously weaving together rap, R&B, funk, and reggae that he chose her U.S. debut, Shine — which includes collaborations with Mark Ronson and will.i.am — as the first release (due April 29) for his new imprint, Homeschool Records. View ”American Boy” at music.aol.com/video-hub or hear more of her tunes at myspace.com/estelleonline.
Posted March 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- How 'Angel of the Morning' and more made the 'Deadpool' soundtrack
- See the full list of this year’s Grammys performers
- 'Avatar' actor Stephen Lang wants to play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- 10 'Deadpool' jokes that didn't make the movie
- See Elmo sing 'Hamilton' with the show's George Washington
- See the final trailer for 'The Divergent Series: Allegiant'