The video for the U.K.-raised singer’s retro-soul single ”American Boy,” featuring Kanye West, stirs up memories of (classic) Lauryn Hill in both style and sound. In fact, John Legend was so taken with Estelle’s talent for flirtatiously weaving together rap, R&B, funk, and reggae that he chose her U.S. debut, Shine — which includes collaborations with Mark Ronson and will.i.am — as the first release (due April 29) for his new imprint, Homeschool Records. View ”American Boy” at music.aol.com/video-hub or hear more of her tunes at myspace.com/estelleonline.
Posted March 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- President Obama smacks down Trump for his Mean Tweet
- Ryan Adams is done covering albums after Taylor Swift's '1989'
- Watch the first two episodes of Hulu's 'Freakish'
- Hanson sang the national anthem the last time Cleveland made the World Series
- 'DWTS' used the 'Outlander' theme song — and it went over big
- Michael Gleason, 'Remington Steele' co-creator, dies at 78
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Can the team work with Daisy and Ghost Rider?