It’s Who You Know
In this unsteady economic climate, the most important business skill is the ability to hit up famous friends who will pay $10,000 for a hot dog.
Talent Never Fades
When firing Nadia Comaneci, Trump said, ”I watched you win the Olympics, so obviously you’re highly competitive.” Never mind the intervening 31 years: The girl’s got moxie!
Fight to Keep Talent
He futilely begged Gene Simmons to bring someone fireable into the boardroom so Trump could keep Kiss’ ”great genius.” But the great genius was let loose?to appear in a bootleg porn video.
Stay On Your Toes
When boxer Lennox Lewis was accused of napping through a challenge, Trump leapt to Sleepyboy’s defense: ”I’ve seen Lennox sleepy in the ring — all of a sudden he knocks the guy out!” At the University of Trump, you get an M.B.A. and a fluffy pillow.
Know Your Employees’ Strengths
When someone like The Soprano’ Vincent Pastore wants to enact an elaborate ”rat” scenario that echoes his one notable role, let him. It will keep him happy, and for one shining moment it will tenuously connect you to quality television.
Posted March 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
It’s Who You Know
- 'Hannibal' music supervisor on working with Siouxsie Sioux for the finale's song
- Hugh Dancy explains that shocking 'Hannibal' series finale
- Ansel Elgort remembers former classmate after his death
- New 'Downton Abbey' trailer previews final season
- 'Les Miserables' actor dies at 21
- Jackson family remembers Michael Jackson on his birthday
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Demi Lovato, Nicki Minaj, Bill Murray, Bruce Willis and More!