It’s Who You Know
In this unsteady economic climate, the most important business skill is the ability to hit up famous friends who will pay $10,000 for a hot dog.
Talent Never Fades
When firing Nadia Comaneci, Trump said, ”I watched you win the Olympics, so obviously you’re highly competitive.” Never mind the intervening 31 years: The girl’s got moxie!
Fight to Keep Talent
He futilely begged Gene Simmons to bring someone fireable into the boardroom so Trump could keep Kiss’ ”great genius.” But the great genius was let loose?to appear in a bootleg porn video.
Stay On Your Toes
When boxer Lennox Lewis was accused of napping through a challenge, Trump leapt to Sleepyboy’s defense: ”I’ve seen Lennox sleepy in the ring — all of a sudden he knocks the guy out!” At the University of Trump, you get an M.B.A. and a fluffy pillow.
Know Your Employees’ Strengths
When someone like The Soprano’ Vincent Pastore wants to enact an elaborate ”rat” scenario that echoes his one notable role, let him. It will keep him happy, and for one shining moment it will tenuously connect you to quality television.
Posted March 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
It’s Who You Know
- Prince releases surprise track, 'HARDROCKLOVER'
- Iggy Azalea calls out sexist media after Britney Spears tweets
- See the explosive teaser trailer for 'London Has Fallen'
- See an exclusive new look at 'Fear the Walking Dead'
- Everything you need to know about EW's Comic-Con 2015 coverage
- 'Tank Girl' director to helm 'Doctor Who' season finale
- Someone put Nicolas Cage's face on every 'Game of Thrones' character
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Lupita Nyong'o, Amber Heard, Rosario Dawson & More!