What determines a woman’s worth? Meg Wolitzer (The Position) turns her laser gaze on the rarefied world of NYC moms wealthy enough to stay home with their kids, but intelligent enough to feel the tugging lack of purpose that results. In The Ten-Year Nap, she hopscotches through time, occasionally dropping in brief vignettes of the main characters’ own mothers as well as of high-achieving women like Nadia Comaneci and Margaret Thatcher — a risky gamble that somehow works. Wolitzer’s middle-aged moms are flawed: selfish, neurotic, and occasionally petty. But they — and their conflicts — feel vividly, satisfyingly real. A-
The Ten-Year Nap What determines a woman's worth? Meg Wolitzer (The Position) turns her laser gaze on the rarefied world of NYC moms wealthy enough to stay home...The Ten-Year NapFictionMeg Wolitzer What determines a woman's worth? Meg Wolitzer (The Position) turns her laser gaze on the rarefied world of NYC moms wealthy enough to stay home...2008-03-21Riverhead
Genre: Fiction; Author: Meg Wolitzer; Publisher: Riverhead
Posted March 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Chicago Med' has two new showrunners
- Fox changes name of its new series 'The Frankenstein Code'
- Chaka Khan set for 'Dancing With the Stars'
- Why Wayne Brady freaked out at the chance to play drag queen Lola in 'Kinky Boots'
- 'American Dad!' renewed for two seasons
- Nicki Minaj will open the MTV VMAs on Sunday
- Miley Cyrus addresses Nicki Minaj's VMAs comments in new interview
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Miley Cyrus, Taylor & Selena, The Voice Crew & More!