(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Leonardo DiCaprio is reteaming with producer-director Ridley Scott for the dark thriller The Low Dweller. The duo will produce the movie, with DiCaprio also attached to star and Scott eyeing it as a directing vehicle. Relativity Media acquired the project from a spec script by first-time writer Brad Ingelsby that launched a heated bidding war. The story, set in mid-1980s Indiana, is about a man (DiCaprio) who tries to assimilate into society after being released from prison but has to contend with someone from his past chasing after him to settle an old score. The project will be the second collaboration between Scott and DiCaprio, who just wrapped the geopolitical thriller Body of Lies. DiCaprio will next begin shooting on Martin Scorsese’s period thriller Shutter Island, which starts production this spring. Scott is preparing to start work on Nottingham, the reimagined Robin Hood romance, for Imagine/Universal. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!