(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jared Padalecki (the CW’s Supernatural) is in final negotiations to star in the upcoming remake of Friday the 13th. He will play an investigator looking into the mischief taking place up at Crystal Lake. Marcus Nispel (2003’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is directing from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form are producing. The original Friday the 13th came out in 1980, launching the hugely successful franchise based on the serial killer Jason and his iconic hockey mask. The new movie is set to release on Friday, Feb. 13, 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Five Questions From Transparent's Season 2 Premiere
- Gotham Awards 2015: 'Spotlight,' 'Tangerine' top the winners list
- Reese Witherspoon developing movie about Barbie creator, with an eye to star
- Casting Net: Alicia Vikander joins James McAvoy in romantic thriller
- The Avengers get rom-com treatment in remix video
- Superman unmasks Batman in new sneak peek from 'Dawn of Justice'
- J.J. Abrams says screening 'Force Awakens' for Disney bosses was 'horrifying'