(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jared Padalecki (the CW’s Supernatural) is in final negotiations to star in the upcoming remake of Friday the 13th. He will play an investigator looking into the mischief taking place up at Crystal Lake. Marcus Nispel (2003’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is directing from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form are producing. The original Friday the 13th came out in 1980, launching the hugely successful franchise based on the serial killer Jason and his iconic hockey mask. The new movie is set to release on Friday, Feb. 13, 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- Bruce Jenner in photo shoot as woman
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha': Who's buying it?
- Iggy Azalea cancels Great Escape Tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!