(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jared Padalecki (the CW’s Supernatural) is in final negotiations to star in the upcoming remake of Friday the 13th. He will play an investigator looking into the mischief taking place up at Crystal Lake. Marcus Nispel (2003’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is directing from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form are producing. The original Friday the 13th came out in 1980, launching the hugely successful franchise based on the serial killer Jason and his iconic hockey mask. The new movie is set to release on Friday, Feb. 13, 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Empire': Lawsuit claims kids were mistreated during filming at youth detention center
- Classic album covers get the 'Star Wars' treatment
- 'Mr. Robot': Carly Chaikin on the big Darlene shocker
- Prince's Paisley Park estate will open for public tours in October
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...