(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jared Padalecki (the CW’s Supernatural) is in final negotiations to star in the upcoming remake of Friday the 13th. He will play an investigator looking into the mischief taking place up at Crystal Lake. Marcus Nispel (2003’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is directing from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form are producing. The original Friday the 13th came out in 1980, launching the hugely successful franchise based on the serial killer Jason and his iconic hockey mask. The new movie is set to release on Friday, Feb. 13, 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- Sony reaches settlement in hacking lawsuits
- Stephen Colbert counters Jeb Bush's 'Late Show' raffle with his own contest
- On the set of 'American Horror Story: Hotel': A foursome with Lady Gaga and Matt Bomer
- Steven Spielberg’s DreamWorks could leave Disney next year
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!