(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jared Padalecki (the CW’s Supernatural) is in final negotiations to star in the upcoming remake of Friday the 13th. He will play an investigator looking into the mischief taking place up at Crystal Lake. Marcus Nispel (2003’s Texas Chainsaw Massacre) is directing from a script by Damian Shannon and Mark Swift. Michael Bay, Brad Fuller, and Andrew Form are producing. The original Friday the 13th came out in 1980, launching the hugely successful franchise based on the serial killer Jason and his iconic hockey mask. The new movie is set to release on Friday, Feb. 13, 2009. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted March 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- DreamWorks nabs film rights for Dennis Lehane's next novel, 'Since We Fell'
- Tracy Morgan does stand-up for first time since accident
- Mulder and Scully get animated in teaser for 'The X-Files' revival
- The most awkward 'Awkward' moments from 'The Big Reveal'
- Felicity Huffman's 'House of Moore' gets put pilot deal at ABC
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen are having a baby
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' premiere ratings high, but not as high as 'Freak Show'