Simon Pegg, all gopherish twee charm, takes a break from genre send-ups to play a romantic-bumbler, English-Everyman Hugh Grant type in Run Fat Boy Run. He’s got what it takes, but he’s saddled himself with a script (co-written by Pegg and Michael Ian Black) that Adam Sandler wouldn’t have pulled out of his bottom drawer. After dumping Thandie Newton at the altar (we’re supposed to have sympathy for this guy?), Pegg tries to beat her beau (Hank Azaria) in a London marathon. Director David Schwimmer bloats this slapdash concept into dim, witless overkill. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Thandie Newton, Simon Pegg, Hank Azaria; Director: David Schwimmer; Author: Michael Ian Black, Simon Pegg; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted March 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michael Jordan's 'Space Jam' uniform heading for auction
- Get lost in Hippo Campus' new tune 'The Halocline'
- Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift continued their VMAs love fest on Twitter
- Lena Dunham publishes first short story in newsletter's fiction issue
- Jewel moves forward by looking back on 'Picking Up The Pieces'
- Edgar Wright pays tribute to Wes Craven
- 'Concussion' trailer: Will Smith wants the NFL to tell the truth
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Khloé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!