Simon Pegg, all gopherish twee charm, takes a break from genre send-ups to play a romantic-bumbler, English-Everyman Hugh Grant type in Run Fat Boy Run. He’s got what it takes, but he’s saddled himself with a script (co-written by Pegg and Michael Ian Black) that Adam Sandler wouldn’t have pulled out of his bottom drawer. After dumping Thandie Newton at the altar (we’re supposed to have sympathy for this guy?), Pegg tries to beat her beau (Hank Azaria) in a London marathon. Director David Schwimmer bloats this slapdash concept into dim, witless overkill. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Thandie Newton, Simon Pegg, Hank Azaria; Director: David Schwimmer; Author: Michael Ian Black, Simon Pegg; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted March 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Eric McCormack on the surprise 'Will & Grace' reunion
- Megan Mullally on 'Will & Grace' reunion: 'Like no time had passed'
- Tom Holland suits up in new 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' set photo
- Viola Davis to star in Steve McQueen's upcoming thriller, 'Widows'
- 'Supergirl' promo asks a very important question
- Gilmore Guys to bring 'The Stars Hollow Countdown Show' to EW PopFest
- WATCH: Rob Lowe is 'rogue' with Marcia Gay Harden on 'Code Black'