Simon Pegg, all gopherish twee charm, takes a break from genre send-ups to play a romantic-bumbler, English-Everyman Hugh Grant type in Run Fat Boy Run. He’s got what it takes, but he’s saddled himself with a script (co-written by Pegg and Michael Ian Black) that Adam Sandler wouldn’t have pulled out of his bottom drawer. After dumping Thandie Newton at the altar (we’re supposed to have sympathy for this guy?), Pegg tries to beat her beau (Hank Azaria) in a London marathon. Director David Schwimmer bloats this slapdash concept into dim, witless overkill. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Thandie Newton, Simon Pegg, Hank Azaria; Director: David Schwimmer; Author: Michael Ian Black, Simon Pegg; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!