Simon Pegg, all gopherish twee charm, takes a break from genre send-ups to play a romantic-bumbler, English-Everyman Hugh Grant type in Run Fat Boy Run. He’s got what it takes, but he’s saddled himself with a script (co-written by Pegg and Michael Ian Black) that Adam Sandler wouldn’t have pulled out of his bottom drawer. After dumping Thandie Newton at the altar (we’re supposed to have sympathy for this guy?), Pegg tries to beat her beau (Hank Azaria) in a London marathon. Director David Schwimmer bloats this slapdash concept into dim, witless overkill. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Thandie Newton, Simon Pegg, Hank Azaria; Director: David Schwimmer; Author: Michael Ian Black, Simon Pegg; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted March 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'