Simon Pegg, all gopherish twee charm, takes a break from genre send-ups to play a romantic-bumbler, English-Everyman Hugh Grant type in Run Fat Boy Run. He’s got what it takes, but he’s saddled himself with a script (co-written by Pegg and Michael Ian Black) that Adam Sandler wouldn’t have pulled out of his bottom drawer. After dumping Thandie Newton at the altar (we’re supposed to have sympathy for this guy?), Pegg tries to beat her beau (Hank Azaria) in a London marathon. Director David Schwimmer bloats this slapdash concept into dim, witless overkill. D
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Thandie Newton, Simon Pegg, Hank Azaria; Director: David Schwimmer; Author: Michael Ian Black, Simon Pegg; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 100; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: Picturehouse
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Olivia Wilde, Brad Paisley, Brandy Norwood & More!