This Tokyo-set film about haunted photographs seems like a technological regression after haunted-computer effort Pulse and haunted-videotape frightener The Ring — both of which were, like Shutter, adapted from Asian horror movies. Will the next terror-minded remake involve a possessed telegraph machine or a grudge-minded ox and cart? Neither option could be any lamer than the shock-free Shutter, in which Joshua Jackson and Rachael Taylor play newlyweds whose photos start to feature the image of a woman they may — or may not! — have killed with their car. C-
Genre: Horror; Starring: Joshua Jackson, Rachael Taylor; Director: Masayuki Ochiai; Author: Luke Dawson; Release Date Wide: 03/21/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 89; MPAA Rating: PG-13; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted March 26 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Ghostbusters' star Leslie Jones celebrates birthday with an Ecto-1 cake
- Tyler Perry shares touching tribute from Bobbi Kristina Brown's funeral
- See Hugh Jackman bring back the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- See Beyoncé birthday wishes from Gwyneth Paltrow, Blue Ivy, and more
- See Kevin Bacon's sweet anniversary tribute to Kyra Sedgwick
- Idris Elba addresses James Bond casting speculation
- Jimmy Fallon thanks Madame Tussauds for making a wax figure of Grumpy Cat
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Dakota Johnson, Keanu Reeves, Bar Refaeli & More!