When a small burg is engulfed by a creepy mist hiding mutant bugs, the mob mentality of townies trapped in a supermarket proves as dangerous as the giant insects. Elevating The Mist, a Stephen King adaptation, above standard boo! fare are Marcia Gay Harden’s frumpy, frothing zealot and a finale that’s both brilliant and maddening. EXTRAS Writer-director Frank Darabont takes us through the production via commentary and docs, and the two-disc set offers The Mist in preferred black and white. As an old-school horror fan, he says, ”It gives you a view of the world that…doesn’t exist in reality.” B
Genre: Horror; Starring: Marcia Gay Harden, Thomas Jane, Andre Braugher; Director: Frank Darabont; Author: Frank Darabont, Stephen King; Release Date Wide: 11/21/2007; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 127; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Dimension Films
Posted March 27 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- The CW moves up premiere dates for 'Jane the Virgin,' 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend'
- Jemaine Clement voices a 'mind-reading fart' in exclusive 'Rick and Morty' clip
- John Carpenter pays tribute to 'Rowdy' Roddy Piper
- Patrick Stewart on cocaine is hilarious in 'Blunt Talk' trailer
- Wrestling great Roddy Piper dies
- See the exclusive first trailer of 'First Times with Jenn and Jack'
- Lauryn Hill covered Nina Simone's 'Feeling Good'
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!