In The Forgery of Venus, Charles P. Wilmot Jr., a frustrated artist with two ex-wives and a mountain of bills, suddenly wakes in a fabulous-but-strange place with his problems mysteriously erased. Is someone playing a trick on him, or is the experimental creativity-enhancing drug he’s been taking actually altering the waking world? Unfortunately, Chaz is such a self-obsessed blowhard you just don’t care. Michael Gruber spends so much time dropping the names of painters and Italian techniques in a run of art-geek technobabble that he buries his terrific conceit — a drug that makes Chaz think he’s reliving the life of Diego Veláuez. C+
The Forgery of Venus In The Forgery of Venus, Charles P. Wilmot Jr., a frustrated artist with two ex-wives and a mountain of bills, suddenly wakes in a...The Forgery of VenusFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMichael Gruber In The Forgery of Venus, Charles P. Wilmot Jr., a frustrated artist with two ex-wives and a mountain of bills, suddenly wakes in a...2008-03-28William Morrow
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Michael Gruber; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted March 28 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bette Midler wants to play Amy Schumer and Jennifer Lawrence’s mom
- El-P on 'Meow the Jewels': 'Let's fight injustice with pure, annoying stupidity'
- Demi Lovato, The Weeknd announced as 'SNL' musical guests
- ‘Concussion’ director: Film not ‘intended to take down the NFL’
- 'SNL' announces Miley Cyrus will be musical guest for season premiere
- There is no new novel in Harper Lee's deposit box, despite rumors
- Whedon fave on 'Bloodsucking Bastards' (and why he wants to be killed by Thor)
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!