In The Forgery of Venus, Charles P. Wilmot Jr., a frustrated artist with two ex-wives and a mountain of bills, suddenly wakes in a fabulous-but-strange place with his problems mysteriously erased. Is someone playing a trick on him, or is the experimental creativity-enhancing drug he’s been taking actually altering the waking world? Unfortunately, Chaz is such a self-obsessed blowhard you just don’t care. Michael Gruber spends so much time dropping the names of painters and Italian techniques in a run of art-geek technobabble that he buries his terrific conceit — a drug that makes Chaz think he’s reliving the life of Diego Veláuez. C+
The Forgery of Venus In The Forgery of Venus, Charles P. Wilmot Jr., a frustrated artist with two ex-wives and a mountain of bills, suddenly wakes in a...The Forgery of VenusFiction, Mystery and ThrillerMichael Gruber In The Forgery of Venus, Charles P. Wilmot Jr., a frustrated artist with two ex-wives and a mountain of bills, suddenly wakes in a...2008-03-28William Morrow
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: Michael Gruber; Publisher: William Morrow
Posted March 28 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Does Lincoln have a death wish?
- 'The Craft' remake is actually a sequel, producer says
- Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani will perform new duet on 'The Voice'
- Kendrick Lamar performs with Prince at Paisley Park in unearthed video
- Channing Tatum reveals dream costars in interview with nonverbal fan
- Arnold Schwarzenegger to star in Taran Killam-directed action comedy
- P!nk compares herself to Mad Hatter in 'Alice Through the Looking Glass'
- Met Gala 2016: The Best and Most Outrageous Looks
- Flashback to the 1996 Premiere of 'The Craft'
- 14 TV Cliffhangers and How They Were Resolved
- Met Gala 2016: See All the Arrivals From Manus x Machina
- 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt': Before They Were Stars
- 'Wayward Pines' Season 2: Exclusive Photos of the New Main Cast