You’ve probably heard of Filipino singer/songwriter/master manipulator of voice Arnel Pineda, discovered by the non-Steve Perry members of Journey via YouTube, and officially hired as the band’s lead singer back in December. This week, the remodeled Journey announced a tour with Heart and Cheap Trick, starting in July. While you’re rummaging around your most neglected junk drawer for your most beloved and long-lasting lighter, play the above video and try to tell Perry’s vocals from those of Pineda. Ha! This is hardly a challenge. Anyway, do you approve of Perry’s replacement, or think it’s a joke? There’s also always the write-in option: “Who cares about Journey?”
Posted March 28 2008 — 6:27 PM EDT
- Constance Wu of 'Fresh Off the Boat' opens up about the show's controversial start
- Bill Cosby accuser from 2005 lawsuit comes forward
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Modest Mouse share 'Of Course We Know,' announce tour dates
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- EW recommends: iZombie, Eloise, and Fun Home
- 'Agents of SHIELD': How it'll dive into Skye's story and the 'birth of a superhero'