You’ve probably heard of Filipino singer/songwriter/master manipulator of voice Arnel Pineda, discovered by the non-Steve Perry members of Journey via YouTube, and officially hired as the band’s lead singer back in December. This week, the remodeled Journey announced a tour with Heart and Cheap Trick, starting in July. While you’re rummaging around your most neglected junk drawer for your most beloved and long-lasting lighter, play the above video and try to tell Perry’s vocals from those of Pineda. Ha! This is hardly a challenge. Anyway, do you approve of Perry’s replacement, or think it’s a joke? There’s also always the write-in option: “Who cares about Journey?”
Posted January 18 2015 — 7:47 AM EST
- Colin Trevorrow to direct 'Book of Henry' following 'Jurassic World' release
- Michelle Obama to appear on 'The Tonight Show'
- Listen to EW's Sirius XM spotlight on the women of comedy, featuring Kristen Schaal
- De La Soul to fund new album via Kickstarter
- 'Flash'-'Arrow' spinoff finds its Hawkgirl: Broadway star Ciara Renee
- Wilco protests Indiana law, nixes concert
- Oxygen, Esquire Network partner on companion series 'Living With Funny,' 'Comedians of L.A.'
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Blake Shelton, Destiny's Child, Claire & Don and More!