Holy Toledo, Phantoms! When did these poppy Southern California rockers turn into such excellent Arcade Fire-style anthem builders? Perhaps previously best known for an ex-member (actor/drummer Jason Schwartzman) and a TV theme song (”California,” which opened The O.C. every week), this L.A. quintet has gone epic on the title song from its upcoming April 15 release (reportedly a theme record built around singer Alex Greenwald’s experience with a cult) — and it is a soaring, jangly achievement.
Posted March 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony