Holy Toledo, Phantoms! When did these poppy Southern California rockers turn into such excellent Arcade Fire-style anthem builders? Perhaps previously best known for an ex-member (actor/drummer Jason Schwartzman) and a TV theme song (”California,” which opened The O.C. every week), this L.A. quintet has gone epic on the title song from its upcoming April 15 release (reportedly a theme record built around singer Alex Greenwald’s experience with a cult) — and it is a soaring, jangly achievement.
Posted March 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Another Period': Natasha Leggero, Riki Lindhome on season finale
- Katie Ledecky throws out first pitch as Bryce Harper holds her medals
- 'Serial': Adnan Syed alibi witness shoots down attempts to discredit her
- 'DWTS' is bringing back Maksim Chmerkovskiy: source
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt blazes through aptitude test in 'Snowden' clip
- Jon Favreau to direct Seth MacFarlane's space-set comedic drama 'Orville'
- Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj are reuniting for another VMAs performance
- Flashback to the 2001 'Summer Catch' Premiere
- Fall Movie Preview 2016: 'Fantastic Beasts,' 'Rogue One,' and 76 Other Films
- Flashback to the 1996 MTV Video Music Awards
- See All of EW's Fall Movie Preview Covers
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your comedy nominees are...
- Poppy Awards 2016: Your drama nominees are...