Holy Toledo, Phantoms! When did these poppy Southern California rockers turn into such excellent Arcade Fire-style anthem builders? Perhaps previously best known for an ex-member (actor/drummer Jason Schwartzman) and a TV theme song (”California,” which opened The O.C. every week), this L.A. quintet has gone epic on the title song from its upcoming April 15 release (reportedly a theme record built around singer Alex Greenwald’s experience with a cult) — and it is a soaring, jangly achievement.
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Paul Giamatti is anti-dildo in 'Inside Amy Schumer' clip
- Manny Pacquiao being sued for failure to disclose injury ahead of Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight
- Reese Witherspoon and Aidy Bryant almost run away together twice in ‘SNL’ promo
- Nathan Lane sings tribute to David Letterman on ‘Late Show’
- 'The Royals' exclusive clip: Prince Liam drunk sings a Disney song
- Jason David Frank reprises Green Power Range role for Super Power Beat Down
- Prince announces concert to honor Freddie Gray
- 'Pitch Perfect 2' costume designer's fashion notes
- Mourning after: Best TV episodes after a key character died
- NSYNC hair, revisited on 'It's Gonna Be May' meme day
- 'Outlander' sweats details so Lallybroch feels like home
- 'Grey's Anatomy': How 10 characters/actors exited the show
- Taylor Swift, Cate Blanchett, James Marsden & More!