Holy Toledo, Phantoms! When did these poppy Southern California rockers turn into such excellent Arcade Fire-style anthem builders? Perhaps previously best known for an ex-member (actor/drummer Jason Schwartzman) and a TV theme song (”California,” which opened The O.C. every week), this L.A. quintet has gone epic on the title song from its upcoming April 15 release (reportedly a theme record built around singer Alex Greenwald’s experience with a cult) — and it is a soaring, jangly achievement.
Posted March 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Comic-Con: Henry Cavill goes undercover to prank Will Smith
- 'Simpsons' producer on how show will mock Trump
- 'Mystery Science Theater 3000' revival lands at Netflix
- 'Dirk Gently' trailer: Elijah Wood joins 'Holistic Detective Agency'
- Melissa McCarthy, 50 Cent, more audition for Han Solo role on 'Conan'
- Donald Trump defends Roger Ailes' against accusers
- Joe Perry performs for first time since hospitalization