Holy Toledo, Phantoms! When did these poppy Southern California rockers turn into such excellent Arcade Fire-style anthem builders? Perhaps previously best known for an ex-member (actor/drummer Jason Schwartzman) and a TV theme song (”California,” which opened The O.C. every week), this L.A. quintet has gone epic on the title song from its upcoming April 15 release (reportedly a theme record built around singer Alex Greenwald’s experience with a cult) — and it is a soaring, jangly achievement.
Posted March 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'