My British friends Sam and Cat came to New York for a visit earlier this month, and since I forced them to sit through an American Idol results show featuring a soul-crushing Beatles medley, they decided to trot out one of their own guilty pleasures, S Club 7’s “Don’t Stop Movin’,” a “Billie Jean”-sampling dancefloor soufflé that was big across the pond back in 2001 but never made any impact at US radio. To which I say, “guilty-schmilty!” Clearly, this deep-fried musical treat is destined for a spot on my iPod, perhaps on a trashy cardio playlist alongside Fergie’s “Fergalicious,” Billie Piper’s “Because We Want To,” and Mya’s “Free.” See, people, junk food can be good for you!
Posted March 31 2008 — 4:19 PM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': What's happened to Agent May?
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.' star on Ghost Rider's surprising move
- Damian Lewis in talks to play the villain in 'Ocean's 8'
- 'Chicago Fire' creator breaks down episode 100's big surprises
- 'Suicide Squad' Honest Trailer takes aim at the 'worst heroes ever'
- Joe Biden clarifies 2020 presidential bid comments
- 'This Is Us': Chris Sullivan on that Toby cliffhanger in the winter finale
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show 2016: See Photos From the Catwalk
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans