(FROM VARIETY) ? Ray Romano is returning to TV as the star of TNT’s upcoming one-hour drama series Men of a Certain Age. Romano is re-teaming with Everybody Loves Raymond writer-producer Mike Royce to create the project, which is about three 40-something men who have been friends since college and now find themselves going through midlife crises. Romano will play Joe, a neurotic divorced dad who hoped to become a pro golfer but now owns a party store. His two best friends are a stressed-out car salesman-dad and an aspiring actor. The project is described similar to the movie Sideways in tone. Romano and Royce wrote the show and will executive produce, with Royce serving as showrunner. If the pilot is taken to series, the show will probably debut in winter or summer of 2009. (Variety)
Posted April 1 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony