Marvelously inventive, often-ironic Israeli storyteller Etgar Keret and his life- and workmate, Shira Geffen, spin in Jellyfish a dreamy, arty, alluringly cockeyed tale involving three unrelated women in Tel Aviv, a mysterious little girl, and the power of the sea — an element central to Tel Aviv life and psyche. The seemingly random movement of the title’s slippery, stinging creatures applies to the direction of the characters’ lives, as well as to the delicate, carefully crafted shape of the movie, which won the Camera d’Or at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival. B+
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Nikol Leidman, Sarah Adler, Gera Sandler; Director: Shira Geffen, Etgar Keret; Author: Shira Geffen; Release Date Limited: 04/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 78; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Zeitgeist Films
Posted April 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Adele's new album may have its release date
- See Jennifer Lawrence and Amy Schumer dance on Billy Joel's piano
- Pierce Brosnan tells Kimmel why he turned down 'Batman'
- Macklemore got Ken Griffey Jr. to recreate his famous rookie card
- Celebrate Shania Twain's birthday by playing 'Shania lyric or motivational poster?'
- Justin Bieber drops 'What Do You Mean?' after online leak
- Snoop Dogg watches tree frogs have an orgy on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Emma Watson, Matt Damon, Helena Bonham Carter & More!