Marvelously inventive, often-ironic Israeli storyteller Etgar Keret and his life- and workmate, Shira Geffen, spin in Jellyfish a dreamy, arty, alluringly cockeyed tale involving three unrelated women in Tel Aviv, a mysterious little girl, and the power of the sea — an element central to Tel Aviv life and psyche. The seemingly random movement of the title’s slippery, stinging creatures applies to the direction of the characters’ lives, as well as to the delicate, carefully crafted shape of the movie, which won the Camera d’Or at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival. B+
Genre: Foreign Language, Drama; Starring: Nikol Leidman, Sarah Adler, Gera Sandler; Director: Shira Geffen, Etgar Keret; Author: Shira Geffen; Release Date Limited: 04/25/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 78; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: Zeitgeist Films
Posted April 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Is 'The Flash' doing Flashpoint in season 3?
- Fozzie Bear reveals who he gets mistaken for on '@Midnight'
- Kate McKinnon impersonated Ellen and Hillary to their faces
- 'The Real Housewives of New Jersey' season 7 trailer debuts
- Hillary Clinton plays 'Who'd You Rather?' on possible VP picks
- Paul McCartney: Kanye West is 'a monster' who 'inspires me'
- Hillary Clinton assesses Donald Trump's thoughts on women