A good genre parody has to have a satisfying density of gags — that way, if you chuckle at 1 out of 30, you’re still giggle-happy. Superhero Movie, though, seems to have been given the comedy equivalent of blood thinner. It has the blazing satirical boldness to skewer the first Tobey Maguire Spider-Man — and, amazingly, not much else. There are a few lively bits (Drake Bell, as a boyish Spandexed crusader named Dragonfly, shimmies up a wall and break-dances on it), and one joke with an edge: a slap at Stephen Hawking and his computer-drone voice. Mostly, though, this is super-lame. C-
Genre: Comedy; Starring: Leslie Nielsen, Sara Paxton, Drake Bell; Director: Craig Mazin; Author: Craig Mazin; Release Date Wide: 03/28/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 82; MPAA Rating: Unrated; Distributor: MGM
Posted April 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Will Jessica Jones appear on 'Luke Cage'?
- John Malkovich to headline TV adaptation of 'Humboldt' crime novels
- 'Lights Out' sequel is in early stages at New Line
- 'Ghostbusters' Twitter account endorses Hillary Clinton: '#ImWithHer'
- Brie Larson opens up about 'nerve-racking' Captain Marvel reveal
- Disney's live-action 'Nutcracker' casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- WATCH: Anthony Anderson sings in 'Doc McStuffins' season premiere
- 'Planet of the Apes': See the Famous Faces Behind the Makeup
- Toronto Film Festival 2016: See First Look Images From This Year's Lineup
- 'One Tree Hill': Where Are They Now?
- 'Little Miss Sunshine': Where Are They Now?
- 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child': 22 Magical Photos
- Comic-Con 2016: Celebs at the Biggest Day 4 Panels