Ving Rhames, Radha Mitchell (Feast of Love, Finding Neverland) and Rosamund Pike (Fracture, Fugitive Pieces) will star opposite Bruce Willis in Disney’s sci-fi thriller The Surrogates, based on a graphic novel by Robert Venditti and Brett Weldele. The story, set in the near future, is about humans living in isolation and only interacting through surrogate robots who are better-looking versions of themselves. Willis plays a cop who uses his surrogate to investigate the murders of others’ surrogates until a conspiracy case forces him to venture from his own home for the first time in years. Rhames, who previously worked with Willis in Pulp Fiction, plays a charismatic cult figure who disdains the use of surrogates and tries to lead an uprising. Mitchell plays Willis’ character’s partner, and Pike plays his wife. Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3, U-571) is directing. Shooting is scheduled to start this month. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lady Gaga's 'Poker Face' goes diamond
- Brie Larson and Saoirse Ronan to be honored by Santa Barbara Film Festival
- 'Survivor Talk': Stephen and Ciera critique each other's games
- New honest trailer points out how 'Minions' is kind of like 'Joey'
- Digital stars call for YouTube to delete Sam Pepper's channel
- Fox responds to reports of bear rape in 'The Revenant'
- 'Scream Queens' exclusive: Black Friday gets bloody