Ving Rhames, Radha Mitchell (Feast of Love, Finding Neverland) and Rosamund Pike (Fracture, Fugitive Pieces) will star opposite Bruce Willis in Disney’s sci-fi thriller The Surrogates, based on a graphic novel by Robert Venditti and Brett Weldele. The story, set in the near future, is about humans living in isolation and only interacting through surrogate robots who are better-looking versions of themselves. Willis plays a cop who uses his surrogate to investigate the murders of others’ surrogates until a conspiracy case forces him to venture from his own home for the first time in years. Rhames, who previously worked with Willis in Pulp Fiction, plays a charismatic cult figure who disdains the use of surrogates and tries to lead an uprising. Mitchell plays Willis’ character’s partner, and Pike plays his wife. Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3, U-571) is directing. Shooting is scheduled to start this month. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters