Ving Rhames, Radha Mitchell (Feast of Love, Finding Neverland) and Rosamund Pike (Fracture, Fugitive Pieces) will star opposite Bruce Willis in Disney’s sci-fi thriller The Surrogates, based on a graphic novel by Robert Venditti and Brett Weldele. The story, set in the near future, is about humans living in isolation and only interacting through surrogate robots who are better-looking versions of themselves. Willis plays a cop who uses his surrogate to investigate the murders of others’ surrogates until a conspiracy case forces him to venture from his own home for the first time in years. Rhames, who previously worked with Willis in Pulp Fiction, plays a charismatic cult figure who disdains the use of surrogates and tries to lead an uprising. Mitchell plays Willis’ character’s partner, and Pike plays his wife. Jonathan Mostow (Terminator 3, U-571) is directing. Shooting is scheduled to start this month. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 4 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Advocacy group criticizes 'The Martian' for changing Asian characters
- Julie Plec blogs the season 3 premiere of 'The Originals'
- Luke Evans, Henry Cavill join Nicholas Hoult in 'Sand Castle'
- This new preview of 'Room' will make you want to call your mom
- Julie's Diary: Julie Plec blogs the 'Vampire Diaries' season 7 premiere
- 'Game of Thrones' cast speculates about season 6 (and beyond) at NYCC
- 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' adds a new cast member