(FROM PEOPLE) - People.com is reporting that a friend of Jay-Z and Beyonce claims that the two got married on Friday night (April 4) at Jay-Z’s Manhattan apartment. ”It happened earlier this evening,” the source is quoted as saying. ”Jay wanted it to be a really private affair — close friends and family.” Rumors have been swirling about pending nuptials since the two reportedly got their marriage license last Tuesday. People.com reports that the ceremony was followed by a lavish party at the apartment attended by guests that included Beyonce’s Destiny’s Child mates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams, and the couple’s friend Gwyneth Paltrow. Jay-Z and Beyonce have been a couple since 2002. (People.com)
Posted April 7 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Last Tango in Paris' director admits butter rape scene wasn't consensual
- 'Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite' will pit Iron Man against Megaman X in 2017
- 6 show-stopping highlights from 'VH1 Divas: Unsilent Night'
- Twitter's #MakeABandLazy helps musicians settle in for a nap
- Elton John confirms there is 'no truth' to retirement rumors
- Powerful new ad spotlights gun violence warning signs people miss
- Mark Wahlberg feels 'celebrities did, do, and shouldn't' talk about politics
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big