Abigail Breslin stars in Nim’s Island as a young girl living on a remote tropical outpost with only her scientist father (Gerard Butler) and a passel of anthropomorphized animal friends. When dad goes missing on a solo research trip, Nim reaches out to her literary hero, the dashing adventurer Alex Rover. Alex, it turns out, is actually an Alexandra — played as a neurotic, Purell-pumping agoraphobe by Jodie Foster. It’s hard to imagine kids not enjoying the good-hearted, lovingly shot fantasy of it all, and Breslin is charming, though most viewers past puberty will likely yearn to be voted off the Island. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster, Gerard Butler; Director: Jennifer Flackett, Mark Levin; Author: Jennifer Flackett, Joseph Kwong, Mark Levin, Paula Mazur; Release Date Wide: 04/04/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Outlander' boss Ronald Moore talks Geillis reveal, Claire's shocking choice
- 'Orphan Black' creators on series' sexy, surreal return
- Tatiana Maslany on 'Orphan Black' return, and 'totally changing up what people were going to expect'
- Jonathan Crombie, seen as Gilbert Blythe in 'Anne of Green Gables' films, dies at 48
- Johnny Kemp, 'Just Got Paid' singer, dies
- Star Wars Celebration: Jakku, BB-8 and other key takeaways about 'The Force Awakens'
- Two generations of heroes meet in new 'Star Wars Rebels' trailer
- 'Star Wars' fans take Anaheim: Celebration photos
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Prince Harry, Christina Aguilera, Diane Kruger & More!