Abigail Breslin stars in Nim’s Island as a young girl living on a remote tropical outpost with only her scientist father (Gerard Butler) and a passel of anthropomorphized animal friends. When dad goes missing on a solo research trip, Nim reaches out to her literary hero, the dashing adventurer Alex Rover. Alex, it turns out, is actually an Alexandra — played as a neurotic, Purell-pumping agoraphobe by Jodie Foster. It’s hard to imagine kids not enjoying the good-hearted, lovingly shot fantasy of it all, and Breslin is charming, though most viewers past puberty will likely yearn to be voted off the Island. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster, Gerard Butler; Director: Jennifer Flackett, Mark Levin; Author: Jennifer Flackett, Joseph Kwong, Mark Levin, Paula Mazur; Release Date Wide: 04/04/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted April 9 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Fixer Upper' stars surprise teacher with classroom makeover
- WATCH: A nun returns to her goth roots in 'Little Sister' trailer
- 'La La Land' director on the 'timeless glamour' of Gosling & Stone
- 'Willy Wonka' costars pay tribute to Gene Wilder
- Will Ryan Lochte get your vote on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- 'Arrow' unveils new villain Prometheus in season 5 photos
- 'Doctor Who' star Karen Gillan cast in 'Jumanji'