Abigail Breslin stars in Nim’s Island as a young girl living on a remote tropical outpost with only her scientist father (Gerard Butler) and a passel of anthropomorphized animal friends. When dad goes missing on a solo research trip, Nim reaches out to her literary hero, the dashing adventurer Alex Rover. Alex, it turns out, is actually an Alexandra — played as a neurotic, Purell-pumping agoraphobe by Jodie Foster. It’s hard to imagine kids not enjoying the good-hearted, lovingly shot fantasy of it all, and Breslin is charming, though most viewers past puberty will likely yearn to be voted off the Island. B
Genre: Action/Adventure, Kids and Family; Starring: Abigail Breslin, Jodie Foster, Gerard Butler; Director: Jennifer Flackett, Mark Levin; Author: Jennifer Flackett, Joseph Kwong, Mark Levin, Paula Mazur; Release Date Wide: 04/04/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 96; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: 20th Century Fox Film Corporation
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'Batman: Arkham Knight'-branded PlayStation 4 announced
- Ciara unveils timeless 'Jackie' album artwork, announces spring tour
- Watch the stars of 'Weird Loners' pitch the series to Kanye West
- You might not make it to the desert, but you can still experience Coachella
- Netflix, Marvel name Cheo Hodari Coker as 'Luke Cage' showrunner
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies' finally grunts toward theaters Feb. 19
- Be a nosy neighbor with Led Zeppelin's new, interactive 'Trampled Under Foot' video
- Jailbird watching: 13 memorable movie prisoners
- Will Ferrell's 15 greatest movie creations
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus in full bloom: New EW portraits
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- Alicia, Nicki & Bey, Brooke Shields, Helen & Katie and More!