(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Adrien Brody, Emmanuelle Seigner (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly), and Spanish actress Elsa Pataky will star for director Dario Argento in the thriller Giallo. The story is about an American flight attendant and an Italian investigator searching for the American’s missing sister, who has been abducted by a serial killer known only as Yellow (”giallo” means ”yellow” in Italian). ”Giallo” also refers to the Italian pulp erotic horror genre that helped build Argento’s career with films like 1975’s Profondo rosso (Deep Red), 1977’s Suspiria, and last year’s La Terza Madre (The Third Mother). Though Argento wrote all three of those films (along with most of his others), the Giallo screenplay was written by Jim Agnew and Sean Keller. Shooting is scheduled to start May 12. Brody, who starred in last year’s Wes Anderson film The Darjeeling Limited, will next be seen in Rian Johnson’s The Brothers Bloom, set for release this fall, and earlier this year, he signed on to star in Cadillac Records, the upcoming Leonard Chess biopic directed by Darnell Martin (Their Eyes Were Watching God). (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 13 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Trevor Noah blames Donald Trump's advisors for enabling his tweeting
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' teaser trailer broke a Marvel record
- Will Smith: 'Bad Boys 3' is 'very close'
- Pixar’s 'Coco' reveals cast and plot details
- Jimmy Kimmel dings Trump while discussing Oscars gig
- Stephen Colbert mocks Donald Trump for Taiwan call
- Milo Ventimiglia does push-ups with Ellen DeGeneres on his back
- Books Gift Guide 2016: 31 Books For Your Wish List
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'