(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Demi Moore is set to star in a pair of indie features: a family drama and a martial arts project. For the drama, Happy Tears, from writer-director Mitchell Lichtenstein (Teeth), Moore will portray the sister of Parker Posey, who plays a woman who returns to her Wisconsin home to deal with her father, who is suffering from dementia. The martial arts movie, writer-director Guy Moshe’s (Holly) Bunraku, also stars Josh Hartnett and Woody Harrelson. The story, described as a classic stranger-coming-to-town tale in the tradition of spaghetti Westerns, samurai movies, and gangster films, is about a drifter (Hartnett) on a revenge quest. Moore plays a concubine of a warlord. Harrelson plays a bartender. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Creed,' 'Empire,' 'Black-ish' win big at NAACP Image Awards
- Ethan Hawke to play resurrected assassin in '24 Hours to Live'
- CBS orders medical drama pilot 'Sensory' from Ridley Scott, David Zabel
- The Originals: Julie Plec blogs the return of Josh
- Julie's Diary: 'Vampire Diaries' boss goes behind the scenes on Paul Wesley-directed episode
- What if movies ended when someone spoke the title?
- Lady Gaga to be honored by Grammy Museum