(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Demi Moore is set to star in a pair of indie features: a family drama and a martial arts project. For the drama, Happy Tears, from writer-director Mitchell Lichtenstein (Teeth), Moore will portray the sister of Parker Posey, who plays a woman who returns to her Wisconsin home to deal with her father, who is suffering from dementia. The martial arts movie, writer-director Guy Moshe’s (Holly) Bunraku, also stars Josh Hartnett and Woody Harrelson. The story, described as a classic stranger-coming-to-town tale in the tradition of spaghetti Westerns, samurai movies, and gangster films, is about a drifter (Hartnett) on a revenge quest. Moore plays a concubine of a warlord. Harrelson plays a bartender. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 15 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- George R.R. Martin reveals which religion inspired that 'Game of Thrones' cult
- How 50 Cent's near-fatal shooting wound up being a key part of 'Power'
- 'Game of Thrones' showrunner on why those two paths crossed now: 'this just felt right'
- 'Veep': What's next for Selina Meyer and Tom James
- Anne Meara, veteran actress and half of Stiller and Meara comedy team, dies at 85
- David Letterman tribute on Indy 500 car
- Cannes 2015: 'Dheepan' wins Palme d'Or
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- George & Amal, the Rock, Anne Hathaway & More!