(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks) has been cast as the female lead in Platinum Dunes’ upcoming remake of the horror classic Friday the 13th, which is being directed by Marcus Nispel (Pathfinder). Panabaker will play the girlfriend of a rich, alpha male character portrayed by Travis van Winkle (Meet the Spartans). She joins the already-cast Jared Padalecki (Supernatural) in the movie. Also cast are Jonathan Sadowski (American Dreams), who plays a techie who knows the history of Crystal Lake, Aaron Yoo (Disturbia), who portrays a quirky member of the crew, and actor-stuntman Derek Mears, who plays the hockey mask-wearing Jason Vorrhees. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- 'The Messengers' premiere: Heaven or hell?
- Casting Net: Ben Stiller confirms Penelope Cruz will be in 'Zoolander 2'
- 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk' gets Veteran's Day 2016 release
- Five Broadway tickets to snag before Tony nominations make it impossible
- 'Star Wars': 5 revelations from Carrie Fisher at Celebration Q&A
- 'Batman v Superman' trailer is here; official release by Zack Snyder follows leak
- Never-before-seen passage from Madeleine L'Engle's 'A Wrinkle in Time' found
- 'Orphan Black': So, you wanna date a clone?
- 'Star Wars': 15 behind-the-scenes 'Force Awakens' pics
- Dirty words on TV? 17 faves whose spew is par for the coarse
- TV Style: 3 costume pros on their '70s-'80s-'90s inspirations
- Madonna's Cone Bra turns 25: How this Gaultier lingerie's legacy lingers
- Naomi Campbell, Jessica & Rosario, the Star Wars Cast & More