(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks) has been cast as the female lead in Platinum Dunes’ upcoming remake of the horror classic Friday the 13th, which is being directed by Marcus Nispel (Pathfinder). Panabaker will play the girlfriend of a rich, alpha male character portrayed by Travis van Winkle (Meet the Spartans). She joins the already-cast Jared Padalecki (Supernatural) in the movie. Also cast are Jonathan Sadowski (American Dreams), who plays a techie who knows the history of Crystal Lake, Aaron Yoo (Disturbia), who portrays a quirky member of the crew, and actor-stuntman Derek Mears, who plays the hockey mask-wearing Jason Vorrhees. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Meek Mill hits back at Drake with diss track 'Wanna Know'
- 'Graceland' postmortem: Is Paige in over her head?
- 'Wet Hot' creators provide teases for 40 characters in the prequel
- Patricia Arquette to voice witch in 'Troll: The Rise of Harry Potter Jr.'
- Caitlyn Jenner practices her 'feminine voice' in 'I Am Cait' clip
- Dwayne Johnson on Hulk Hogan's racist rant: 'We've all talked trash'
- Jared Padalecki posted his first-ever #TBT: 13 more 'Supernatural' throwbacks
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Jennifer Lopez, Brad Pitt, Candace & Lori and More!