(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks) has been cast as the female lead in Platinum Dunes’ upcoming remake of the horror classic Friday the 13th, which is being directed by Marcus Nispel (Pathfinder). Panabaker will play the girlfriend of a rich, alpha male character portrayed by Travis van Winkle (Meet the Spartans). She joins the already-cast Jared Padalecki (Supernatural) in the movie. Also cast are Jonathan Sadowski (American Dreams), who plays a techie who knows the history of Crystal Lake, Aaron Yoo (Disturbia), who portrays a quirky member of the crew, and actor-stuntman Derek Mears, who plays the hockey mask-wearing Jason Vorrhees. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Beyoncé looks back on Super Bowl halftime show in rare interview
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' crosses $2 billion worldwide
- Larry David promises disappointment in his 'SNL' monologue
- 'SNL' puts an 'X-Files' spin on those Super Bowl snack commercials
- Whitney Houston's brother remembers her iconic Super Bowl performance
- Zoolander and Hansel critique presidential candidate fashion on 'SNL'
- Bernie Sanders appears with Larry David on 'SNL'