(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Danielle Panabaker (Mr. Brooks) has been cast as the female lead in Platinum Dunes’ upcoming remake of the horror classic Friday the 13th, which is being directed by Marcus Nispel (Pathfinder). Panabaker will play the girlfriend of a rich, alpha male character portrayed by Travis van Winkle (Meet the Spartans). She joins the already-cast Jared Padalecki (Supernatural) in the movie. Also cast are Jonathan Sadowski (American Dreams), who plays a techie who knows the history of Crystal Lake, Aaron Yoo (Disturbia), who portrays a quirky member of the crew, and actor-stuntman Derek Mears, who plays the hockey mask-wearing Jason Vorrhees. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Michaela Watkins on new Hulu comedy 'Casual': 'It's kind of a cool trip'
- 'Terminator' franchise 're-adjusting' before future films
- 'Maze Runner' cast accused of taking Native American artifacts
- Taylor Swift is officially the most popular person on Instagram
- 50 artists who couldn't have rocked without Alanis Morissette's 'Jagged Little Pill'
- See Ellen Page audition to be a stand-up comedian on 'Conan'
- Inside the Keatons' picture perfect 'Family Ties' reunion for EW