(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jennie Garth has departed the upcoming CBS comedy pilot My Best Friend's Girl in what is being described as a mutual decision made by the actress and the pilot’s producers. Kristin Booth has been tapped to replace Garth as the female lead in Girl, about a guy (Tim Peper) who starts dating the ex-wife (Booth) of his best friend and business partner (Josh Cooke). Garth, who has been mourning the death of her father, who passed after she was cast in the pilot, is rumored to be a candidate for a role in the CW’s upcoming Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff. It has been reported that writer Rob Thomas has been trying to convince the actress to join the show and reprise her role from the original series as Kelly Taylor, possibly returning to her alma mater as a fashion design teacher. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Katy Perry, Kenny & Taylor, Josh Peck and More!