(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jennie Garth has departed the upcoming CBS comedy pilot My Best Friend's Girl in what is being described as a mutual decision made by the actress and the pilot’s producers. Kristin Booth has been tapped to replace Garth as the female lead in Girl, about a guy (Tim Peper) who starts dating the ex-wife (Booth) of his best friend and business partner (Josh Cooke). Garth, who has been mourning the death of her father, who passed after she was cast in the pilot, is rumored to be a candidate for a role in the CW’s upcoming Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff. It has been reported that writer Rob Thomas has been trying to convince the actress to join the show and reprise her role from the original series as Kelly Taylor, possibly returning to her alma mater as a fashion design teacher. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Kanye West's 'The Life of Pablo' has finally arrived
- Jonah Hill to host 'Saturday Night Live'
- Interracial marriage drama 'Loving' acquired by Focus Features
- Lady Gaga is getting her own 'Monster High' doll
- Melissa McCarthy hosts 'SNL': Talk about it here
- Chiwetel Ejiofor says he'll never forgive Mark from 'Love Actually'
- Hear Disney princesses sing in their original languages