(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jennie Garth has departed the upcoming CBS comedy pilot My Best Friend's Girl in what is being described as a mutual decision made by the actress and the pilot’s producers. Kristin Booth has been tapped to replace Garth as the female lead in Girl, about a guy (Tim Peper) who starts dating the ex-wife (Booth) of his best friend and business partner (Josh Cooke). Garth, who has been mourning the death of her father, who passed after she was cast in the pilot, is rumored to be a candidate for a role in the CW’s upcoming Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff. It has been reported that writer Rob Thomas has been trying to convince the actress to join the show and reprise her role from the original series as Kelly Taylor, possibly returning to her alma mater as a fashion design teacher. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Philinda finally going to happen?
- Adele endorses Hillary Clinton at Miami concert
- Stephen Colbert compares Donald Trump to Voldemort
- 'This Is Us': Dan Fogelman breaks down Jack and William revelations
- Trump-inspired 'Law & Order: SVU' episode gets post-election air date
- 'This Is Us': Milo Ventimiglia on Jack's fate
- 'Gilmore Girls' revival: New posters feature three generations, plus Luke
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop