(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jennie Garth has departed the upcoming CBS comedy pilot My Best Friend's Girl in what is being described as a mutual decision made by the actress and the pilot’s producers. Kristin Booth has been tapped to replace Garth as the female lead in Girl, about a guy (Tim Peper) who starts dating the ex-wife (Booth) of his best friend and business partner (Josh Cooke). Garth, who has been mourning the death of her father, who passed after she was cast in the pilot, is rumored to be a candidate for a role in the CW’s upcoming Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff. It has been reported that writer Rob Thomas has been trying to convince the actress to join the show and reprise her role from the original series as Kelly Taylor, possibly returning to her alma mater as a fashion design teacher. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'OUAT,' 'Chicago Fire,' 'Supergirl' and more
- Luke Bryan releases statement after fan altercation during concert
- Kellyanne Conway took fight with Clinton aides personally
- Felicity Jones says 'Rogue One' is like 'The Empire Strikes Back'
- Best of 2016: Director X talks Fifth Harmony's 'Work From Home' video
- 'Legends of Tomorrow': Has Sara given up hope of saving Laurel?
- 'Star Wars': Live-stream with the cast of 'Rogue One'
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big