(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? Jennie Garth has departed the upcoming CBS comedy pilot My Best Friend's Girl in what is being described as a mutual decision made by the actress and the pilot’s producers. Kristin Booth has been tapped to replace Garth as the female lead in Girl, about a guy (Tim Peper) who starts dating the ex-wife (Booth) of his best friend and business partner (Josh Cooke). Garth, who has been mourning the death of her father, who passed after she was cast in the pilot, is rumored to be a candidate for a role in the CW’s upcoming Beverly Hills, 90210 spinoff. It has been reported that writer Rob Thomas has been trying to convince the actress to join the show and reprise her role from the original series as Kelly Taylor, possibly returning to her alma mater as a fashion design teacher. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- Craig Ferguson set for ABC comedy pilot
- Will Smith back in 'Focus': What critics said
- 'The Red Road's Jason Momoa on season 2 and when we can expect Aquaman in action
- Look, but don't retouch? What our female celeb photo fascination says about us
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Susan Sarandon, Prince William and More!