In Lions for Lambs, when an irritated professor (Robert Redford) asks a student ”Why don’t you care anymore?” he uses politics to draw the undergrad out of a complacent stupor. Despite solid turns by Meryl Streep as a journalist who’s sold her soul to a conglom, and Tom Cruise as a slick senator, director Redford’s prosaic message — stop going through the motions! — prevents Lambs from being truly transformative. EXTRAS Commentary from the trio reveals their hearts were in the right place: ”It’s about making the right choices,” says Streep, ”but it also is about how easy it is not to make a choice at all.” B-
Genre: Drama; Starring: Tom Cruise, Meryl Streep, Michael Pena, Robert Redford; Director: Robert Redford; Author: Matthew Michael Carnahan; Release Date Wide: 11/09/2007; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: MGM
Posted April 16 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Shia LaBeouf calls out Drake, Lil Yachty in new freestyle rap
- T.J. Miller on 'Raiders' and a bag of Cheetos from Steven Spielberg
- 'Saved by the Bell' EP reveals Zack and Kelly would be divorced now
- Watch Chris Pratt's hilarious card trick on 'Graham Norton'
- Morgan spills on her time in the 'Big Brother: OTT' house
- 'Gilmore Girls': Scott Patterson says April's season 6 arrival 'humanized' Luke
- Amy Schumer in talks to star in live-action 'Barbie' movie
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday
- 12 Stars Who Are EGOT Winners
- 10 Celebs Who Appeared on 'Star Search' Before They Made It Big