Ben Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Win Ben Stein’s Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in this polemic doc, which sets out to show how proponents of intelligent design have been bullied into silence. Regardless of your personal views, Expelled’s heavy-handed bias (a visit to Darwin’s home gets the same eerie music as a tour of Dachau) is exasperating. By the time the camera zooms in on the word ”Creator” in the Declaration of Independence, the whole debate seems less urgent than getting out of the theater. D
Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedDocumentaryPT90MPGBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...2008-04-17Premise Media
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Ben Stein; Director: Nathan Frankowski; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Premise Media
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bask in '90s nostalgia with this a ca-mazing 'Boy Meets World' medley
- Michael B. Jordan: Why I’m Torching the color line in 'Fantastic Four'
- Jon Bon Jovi wrote a new song for Rutgers' class of 2015
- Nicki Minaj drops 'The Night Is Still Young' video on Tidal
- TLC yanks '19 Kids and Counting' reruns
- Kanye West's 'All Day' gets misheard lyrics video from Joe Mande
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion (so far)
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 10 hottest tours
- George Clooney, Meghan Trainor, Pharrell & Zoë and More!