Ben Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Win Ben Stein’s Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in this polemic doc, which sets out to show how proponents of intelligent design have been bullied into silence. Regardless of your personal views, Expelled’s heavy-handed bias (a visit to Darwin’s home gets the same eerie music as a tour of Dachau) is exasperating. By the time the camera zooms in on the word ”Creator” in the Declaration of Independence, the whole debate seems less urgent than getting out of the theater. D
Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedDocumentaryPT90MPGBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...2008-04-17Premise Media
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Ben Stein; Director: Nathan Frankowski; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Premise Media
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Bob Dylan thanks Nobel Prize committee for honoring his songs as literature
- Chris Pratt says his son thinks acting is 'stupid'
- 'Assassin's Creed': Final trailer has plenty of new footage
- Louis Tomlinson debuts new song on ‘X Factor’ days after mom’s death
- 'Insidious: Chapter 4' first look sees Lin Shaye facing her demons
- 'Sherlock' intense season 4 trailer: 'I love you'
- Patti Smith covers Bob Dylan at Nobel Prize ceremony