Ben Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Win Ben Stein’s Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in this polemic doc, which sets out to show how proponents of intelligent design have been bullied into silence. Regardless of your personal views, Expelled’s heavy-handed bias (a visit to Darwin’s home gets the same eerie music as a tour of Dachau) is exasperating. By the time the camera zooms in on the word ”Creator” in the Declaration of Independence, the whole debate seems less urgent than getting out of the theater. D
Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedDocumentaryPT90MPGBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...2008-04-17Premise Media
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Ben Stein; Director: Nathan Frankowski; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Premise Media
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lin-Manuel Miranda live-tweeted commentary for 'Hamilton's America'
- J.K. Rowling loves Amy Schumer's book
- Chris Pratt encourages people to go outside and look for trolls
- Kanye West scored Kardashian family movies to 'Only One' for Kim's birthday
- 'Once Upon a Time' star says Robin Hood return provides closure
- Jason Sudeikis duets with Harry Connick Jr. as Harry Connick Jr.
- Chris Pine cast in Ava DuVernay's 'A Wrinkle in Time'