Ben Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Win Ben Stein’s Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in this polemic doc, which sets out to show how proponents of intelligent design have been bullied into silence. Regardless of your personal views, Expelled’s heavy-handed bias (a visit to Darwin’s home gets the same eerie music as a tour of Dachau) is exasperating. By the time the camera zooms in on the word ”Creator” in the Declaration of Independence, the whole debate seems less urgent than getting out of the theater. D
Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedDocumentaryPT90MPGBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...2008-04-17Premise Media
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Ben Stein; Director: Nathan Frankowski; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Premise Media
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: Viola Davis, Catalina Sandino Moreno star in 'Custody'
- President Obama talks 'The Wire' with creator David Simon
- Warner Bros wins bid for rights to viral 'Sundays' short
- Oscar producers won't return; Academy to search for new showrunners
- NBC reviving Coach with Craig T. Nelson
- '12 Monkeys' boss answers some burning questions
- 'The Founder' starring Michael Keaton gets November 2016 release
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- 'Game of Thrones' London premiere: Red carpet style
- Best ‘DWTS’ champ? A (non-scientific) power ranking
- T.I. & Kevin, Jon Hamm, Olivia & Jason and More!