Ben Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and Win Ben Stein’s Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in this polemic doc, which sets out to show how proponents of intelligent design have been bullied into silence. Regardless of your personal views, Expelled’s heavy-handed bias (a visit to Darwin’s home gets the same eerie music as a tour of Dachau) is exasperating. By the time the camera zooms in on the word ”Creator” in the Declaration of Independence, the whole debate seems less urgent than getting out of the theater. D
Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...Expelled: No Intelligence AllowedDocumentaryPT90MPGBen Stein, the droning mensch from Ferris Bueller's Day Off and Win Ben Stein's Money, recasts himself as a slightly goofy prophet in...2008-04-17Premise Media
Genre: Documentary; Starring: Ben Stein; Director: Nathan Frankowski; Runtime (in minutes): 90; MPAA Rating: PG; Distributor: Premise Media
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- And the final 'Bachelor in Paradise' contestant is ...
- 'Disney Infinity 3.0' developer discusses bringing iconic 'Star Wars' characters to the franchise
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' showrunner promises 'psychological tension'
- The next generation of male pop stars, from Harry Styles to The Weeknd
- The slow, curious fade of the male pop star
- Final 'Dexter' book says farewell to serial killer Dexter Morgan
- Kel Mitchell talks return to Nickelodeon this fall in 'Game Shakers'
- Channing Tatum in 'Magic Mike XXL' leads our quip picks
- Reel-to-real couples: 12 relationships on-screen and off
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- Pippa Middleton, Ryan Reynolds, Jessica Alba & More!