The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Look, but don't retouch? Female celeb photo debate
- Margot Robbie's 'Focus' audition, a.k.a. 'the craziest 24 hours of my life'
- 'Focus' is weekend's No. 1 movie; 'Fifty Shades of Grey' drops to No. 4
- 'SNL' react: Your quick take on Dakota Johnson and Alabama Shakes?
- Kanye's new album: 'So Help Me God'
- 'Parks and Rec': On set for the final day
- John Green's 'Alaska' scriptwriters set
- 20 TV series that nailed it with their very first scenes
- 'Last Man on Earth' guys salute inspirations
- 'Empire': New EW cast portraits and behind-the-scenes photos
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Sizing up the season 20 cast
- 'Parks' 2017: What we embrace/dread in world of tomorrow
- Brad, Lea & Darren, Paul and More!