The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Ranking every song on Pearl Jam's 'Ten'
- Barbra Streisand and Jimmy Fallon yell at Siri
- Young Thug name checks Harambe, Kanye West in first project as Jeffery
- Kerry Washington sees the horror in group texts
- Barbra Streisand duets with 'Donald Trump' on 'The Tonight Show'
- What to Watch This Weekend: Find out who did what on 'The Night Of'
- Tim Kaine rocks the harmonica on 'The Late Show'