The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Turn' exclusive sneak peek: George Washington greets the famous Frenchman, Lafayette
- Chris Pratt: Why I'm ready to get away from Hollywood
- Matt Damon in Ridley Scott's 'The Martian': First Look
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!