The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Quvenzhané Wallis signs four-book deal with Simon & Schuster
- 'Bob's Burgers' renewed for two more seasons
- Janis Joplin documentary gets November release date
- Strong return for 'The Flash;' female teens still dig 'Scream Queens'
- 'Blood & Oil' casts Hap's ex-wife — exclusive
- Julianne Moore praises the real-life people who inspired 'Freeheld'
- Hey, Tom Hanks: Lauren from Fordham University has been found