The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Good news, Leslie Knope: Hillary Clinton is a fan of 'Parks and Rec'
- See a supercut of shrieks from Wes Craven's filmography
- See Toni Collette and Drew Barrymore in 'Miss You Already' trailer
- Zachary Levi will replace Josh Radnor on Broadway
- 'Madam Secretary': Eric Stoltz to play Téa Leoni's brother
- Shondaland stars throw wine at each other in new TGIT promos
- See Chloe Moretz in the first trailer for 'The 5th Wave'
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- Victoria Justice, Laura & Andrew, Rihanna and More!