The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Robin Williams' daughter shares touching tribute to Oliver Sacks
- Jay Z apparently joined Instagram – then quit after only a few hours
- See Miley Cyrus meet Internet sensation Baddie Winkle before the VMAs
- Netflix will lose 'Catching Fire,' 'Transformers' at the end of September
- See the 'Man of Steel' trailer get the 'Deadpool' treatment
- See 'Game of Thrones' fans visit filming locations around the world
- Dave Grohl celebrates Chicago’s music scene at Wrigley Field show
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Khloeé & Kris, Elsa & Chris, Rihanna and More!