The worst part of martial-arts epic The Forbidden Kingdom — in which a kung fu master (Jackie Chan) and a monk (Jet Li) help a time-traveling teen (Michael Angarano) return a magical staff to its owner — isn’t the stale story, the fortune-cookie dialogue, or the fizzled pairing of action legends Chan and Li, whose fisticuffs here have all the oomph of a high-speed game of pattycake. No, it’s a moment near the halfway mark when there arrives a gag that involves Chan getting a face full of urine. This kingdom really should be forbidden. D
(Chan Kam Chuen)
Genre: Action/Adventure; Starring: Jackie Chan; Director: Rob Minkoff; Author: John Fusco; Release Date Wide: 04/18/2008
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Lilly Singh admits the hardest part of filming 'A Trip to Unicorn Island'
- Amy Schumer takes on serious role in veteran drama 'Thank You for Your Service'
- 'Vinyl' showrunner Terence Winter picks his favorite vinyl record
- Starz greenlights 'White Queen' sequel 'The White Princess'
- Josh Gad to star in weight-loss comedy 'Heavy Duty'
- 'Frozen' musical sets Broadway arrival for 2018
- Will Smith praises 'Fresh Prince' costar Janet Hubert after recent barbs