(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? NBC Universal has acquired domestic distribution rights to Electric Farm Entertainment’s upcoming Web series Gemini Division, which stars Rosario Dawson, and Woke Up Dead. Both series will be distributed on various NBC Universal properties, including NBC.com, as well as on mobile, broadband, and traditional TV platforms. Gemini is a sci-fi series starring Dawson as a New York cop who uncovers an international conspiracy involving simulated life forms that have assimilated with the population. The first of the series’ three-minute episodes will debut this summer. Dead is a zombie comedy about a college student who wakes up underwater in the tub one morning and thinks he might be dead. The first few episodes of both series will be previewed on NBC Universal’s TV networks, and the series will eventually be reformatted as half-hour episodes to air on TV. NBC recently took the Internet series quarterlife to TV, but the show fizzled and was yanked off the scheduled after just one episode. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Watch the first trailer for 'Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell'
- Brian Williams might have misremembered a few more incidents
- 'Winter Is Coming Live': Who will miss Janos on Game of Thrones?
- Smashing Pumpkins' Billy Corgan joins TNA Wrestling
- 'Black-ish' creator writing 'Good Times' movie
- 'Aqua Teen Hunger Force' to end
- First listen of Broadway’s 'On the Twentieth Century' cast album