(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? NBC Universal has acquired domestic distribution rights to Electric Farm Entertainment’s upcoming Web series Gemini Division, which stars Rosario Dawson, and Woke Up Dead. Both series will be distributed on various NBC Universal properties, including NBC.com, as well as on mobile, broadband, and traditional TV platforms. Gemini is a sci-fi series starring Dawson as a New York cop who uncovers an international conspiracy involving simulated life forms that have assimilated with the population. The first of the series’ three-minute episodes will debut this summer. Dead is a zombie comedy about a college student who wakes up underwater in the tub one morning and thinks he might be dead. The first few episodes of both series will be previewed on NBC Universal’s TV networks, and the series will eventually be reformatted as half-hour episodes to air on TV. NBC recently took the Internet series quarterlife to TV, but the show fizzled and was yanked off the scheduled after just one episode. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- USA Women win soccer's World Cup: Celebs on Twitter say...
- 'Penny Dreadful' showrunner's postmortem on season finale: 'I’m just very proud of it'
- Kate Hudson gets patriotic, belts out the national anthem on Instagram
- 'Dukes of Hazzard' costar: TV Land wrong
- Keke Palmer previews 'Scream Queens'
- Empire State Building jams out to Grateful Dead with synchronized July 4 light show
- 'Back to the Future' turns 30: See the cast, then and now
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- Rumer & Khloé, Usher, Cara Delevingne & More!