(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? NBC Universal has acquired domestic distribution rights to Electric Farm Entertainment’s upcoming Web series Gemini Division, which stars Rosario Dawson, and Woke Up Dead. Both series will be distributed on various NBC Universal properties, including NBC.com, as well as on mobile, broadband, and traditional TV platforms. Gemini is a sci-fi series starring Dawson as a New York cop who uncovers an international conspiracy involving simulated life forms that have assimilated with the population. The first of the series’ three-minute episodes will debut this summer. Dead is a zombie comedy about a college student who wakes up underwater in the tub one morning and thinks he might be dead. The first few episodes of both series will be previewed on NBC Universal’s TV networks, and the series will eventually be reformatted as half-hour episodes to air on TV. NBC recently took the Internet series quarterlife to TV, but the show fizzled and was yanked off the scheduled after just one episode. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Casting Net: James Marsden, Rosario Dawson, more lend voices to 'Henchmen'
- From People: Bruce Jenner to pose as woman for 'Vanity Fair' cover
- Judy Greer and Nat Faxon preview 'Married' season 2
- Universal TV to adapt 'The Wicked + The Divine' comic for TV
- I'm not buying Emma Stone as an Asian-American in 'Aloha'
- Iggy Azalea cancels tour
- Marvel contest gives teen girls the chance to attend 'Ant-Man' premiere
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 best festivals
- Summer Music Preview 2015: 12 biggest albums
- TV Season Finale Awards: YOUR 2015 winners are...
- Chris Pratt makes a splash: EW Summer Must List photos
- Bill Paxton reminisces about 15 key roles
- Cruel Intentions Reunion, Kim Kardashian, Soleil & Demi and More!