(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) ? NBC Universal has acquired domestic distribution rights to Electric Farm Entertainment’s upcoming Web series Gemini Division, which stars Rosario Dawson, and Woke Up Dead. Both series will be distributed on various NBC Universal properties, including NBC.com, as well as on mobile, broadband, and traditional TV platforms. Gemini is a sci-fi series starring Dawson as a New York cop who uncovers an international conspiracy involving simulated life forms that have assimilated with the population. The first of the series’ three-minute episodes will debut this summer. Dead is a zombie comedy about a college student who wakes up underwater in the tub one morning and thinks he might be dead. The first few episodes of both series will be previewed on NBC Universal’s TV networks, and the series will eventually be reformatted as half-hour episodes to air on TV. NBC recently took the Internet series quarterlife to TV, but the show fizzled and was yanked off the scheduled after just one episode. (Hollywood Reporter)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Top 5 'Muppets' moments from 'Pig Out'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' EP to produce 'Famous in Love' drama pilot starring Bella Thorne
- 'Arrow' actor Neal McDonough on bringing megalomaniac Damien Darhk to life
- Lamar Odom hospitalized in Las Vegas
- E! is going to spin off 'Botched'
- 'iZombie' boss on Major's downward spiral
- 'Manhattan': Ashley Zukerman on the atom bomb drama's explosive Season 2
- 12 Instagram Photos of Pitbull Hanging Out with Celebrities
- 25 Unforgettable Dresses From the Past 25 Years
- Box Office Flops: 19 Notorious Opening Weekends
- EW's 25 Best Movies in 25 Years
- EW Reunions: Bonus portraits of your favorite TV and movie casts
- 'The Walking Dead': 15 Exclusive Storyboard Illustrations From Season 6