(FROM VARIETY) ? The Screen Actors Guild, currently in the midst of contract talks with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, announced on Wednesday (April 16) that it has signed an interim deal for nine movies with the Film Department, an indie financing, production, and sales company. The Film Department’s projects include writer-director Bart Freundlich’s romantic comedy The Rebound, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha; Law-Abiding Citizen, a thriller starring Gerard Butler; WWII thriller Brothers in Arms, directed by Marcel Langenegger; The Other Side of Paradise and romantic comedy Earthbound. The ”guaranteed completion contracts” deal seems to signal that SAG is not expecting a quick resolution to its talks with the AMPTP. Negotiations began Tuesday and continued Wednesday with little being communicated from either side. SAG and AMPTP plan to continue talks every day, except Sundays, through April 26. The AMPTP starts talks with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists on April 28. (Variety)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stephen King releases 'Drunken Fireworks' audiobook
- Casting Net: Julia Roberts signs on for 'Mother’s Day'
- 'Parks and Rec' alum Retta will host the 'Orphan Black' panel at Comic-Con
- Original Mickey Mouse Club to reunite at Disney's D23
- Apple's appeal denied in ebook antitrust case
- 'Rocky' spinoff 'Creed': First trailer's here
- Apple's Beats 1 radio will be censoring music
- 27 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- 'X-Files': David Duchovny, Gillian Anderson portraits
- Comic-Con 2005: How buzziest projects panned out
- 'Survivor' cast thanks YOU for Second Chances in new pics
- 'Ant-Man': 7 EW exclusive new character posters
- Ricky Martin, Tina & Jane, Paul Rudd and More!