(FROM VARIETY) ? The Screen Actors Guild, currently in the midst of contract talks with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, announced on Wednesday (April 16) that it has signed an interim deal for nine movies with the Film Department, an indie financing, production, and sales company. The Film Department’s projects include writer-director Bart Freundlich’s romantic comedy The Rebound, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha; Law-Abiding Citizen, a thriller starring Gerard Butler; WWII thriller Brothers in Arms, directed by Marcel Langenegger; The Other Side of Paradise and romantic comedy Earthbound. The ”guaranteed completion contracts” deal seems to signal that SAG is not expecting a quick resolution to its talks with the AMPTP. Negotiations began Tuesday and continued Wednesday with little being communicated from either side. SAG and AMPTP plan to continue talks every day, except Sundays, through April 26. The AMPTP starts talks with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists on April 28. (Variety)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- What it was like inside Lady Gaga's blood-red 'American Horror Story' pool party
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Blacklist,' 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'The Flash' and more
- How well do you know The Weeknd's lyrics?
- How Tituss Burgess nearly missed his '30 Rock' audition
- Atlas Genius booked their fantasy festival and made us a playlist for it
- Four reasons 'Straight Outta Compton' made N.W.A the Boyz of summer
- Grace Helbig and Tyler Oakley tapped to host 2015 Streamy Awards
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Céline Dion, Aaron Paul, Kate & Hayden and More!