(FROM VARIETY) ? The Screen Actors Guild, currently in the midst of contract talks with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, announced on Wednesday (April 16) that it has signed an interim deal for nine movies with the Film Department, an indie financing, production, and sales company. The Film Department’s projects include writer-director Bart Freundlich’s romantic comedy The Rebound, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha; Law-Abiding Citizen, a thriller starring Gerard Butler; WWII thriller Brothers in Arms, directed by Marcel Langenegger; The Other Side of Paradise and romantic comedy Earthbound. The ”guaranteed completion contracts” deal seems to signal that SAG is not expecting a quick resolution to its talks with the AMPTP. Negotiations began Tuesday and continued Wednesday with little being communicated from either side. SAG and AMPTP plan to continue talks every day, except Sundays, through April 26. The AMPTP starts talks with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists on April 28. (Variety)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Green Hornet' star Van Williams dies at 82
- 'Baywatch' is hitting the beach on Memorial Day weekend
- Beyoncé was already a star at age 10, unearthed footage proves
- See Madonna twerk to 'Bitch I'm Madonna' on Carpool Karaoke
- 'Major League' star Margaret Whitton dies at 67
- 'Supergirl': Will we ever meet Earth-1 Kara Danvers?
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 3' delayed until 2019
- The 11 Most Prolific TV Holiday Movie Actors
- Go Behind the Scenes of EW's Chrissy Teigen Photoshoot
- The 'Office Christmas Party' Cast Decks the Halls With Merry Mayhem
- The Best Gifts For 'Gilmore Girls' Fans
- See Exclusive Photos From Star-Studded Performances of 'Oh, Hello'
- 35 Photos of Britney Spears For Her 35th Birthday