(FROM VARIETY) ? The Screen Actors Guild, currently in the midst of contract talks with the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers, announced on Wednesday (April 16) that it has signed an interim deal for nine movies with the Film Department, an indie financing, production, and sales company. The Film Department’s projects include writer-director Bart Freundlich’s romantic comedy The Rebound, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones and Justin Bartha; Law-Abiding Citizen, a thriller starring Gerard Butler; WWII thriller Brothers in Arms, directed by Marcel Langenegger; The Other Side of Paradise and romantic comedy Earthbound. The ”guaranteed completion contracts” deal seems to signal that SAG is not expecting a quick resolution to its talks with the AMPTP. Negotiations began Tuesday and continued Wednesday with little being communicated from either side. SAG and AMPTP plan to continue talks every day, except Sundays, through April 26. The AMPTP starts talks with the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists on April 28. (Variety)
Posted April 17 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Andre 3000 joins ABC's 'American Crime'
- 'Descendants' react: Did the tale about junior Disney villains cast a spell?
- Casting Net: Gary Oldman joins space love story
- Josh Gad wraps 'Beauty and the Beast' filming, shares pic
- Remembering Roddy Piper's rowdy film career
- Why 'The Tribe' is the perfect videogame movie
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' producers offer hints about the show's timeline
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Here are the 2015 games we're looking forward to most
- Amy Poehler, Justin Theroux, Rihanna & More!