David Baldacci’s first international thriller may take place largely outside the U.S., but like a Starbucks in London, it’s as Yankee as it gets. In The Whole Truth nearly all the major players are American, and the ones who aren’t have no power. A U.S. defense contractor hires an American ”perception management” firm to turn the world against Russia and create another Cold War (apparently Russia has no say in the matter). Meanwhile, an American journalist gets wind of the scheme. Fortunately, the plot travels with the same speed as its globe-trotting cast, but the action feels familiar and ends where you knew it would: back home. C+
The Whole Truth David Baldacci's first international thriller may take place largely outside the U.S., but like a Starbucks in London, it's as Yankee as it gets. In ...The Whole TruthFiction, Mystery and ThrillerDavid Baldacci David Baldacci's first international thriller may take place largely outside the U.S., but like a Starbucks in London, it's as Yankee as it gets. In ...2008-04-18Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: David Baldacci; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- '12 Monkeys' exec producer: THAT Ramse arc 'planned from the first minute'
- Prince sued in recording battle over 'Voice' singer Judith Hill
- James Bond enters a 'hurricane' in first 'Spectre' teaser
- 'Legend of Zelda' for Wii U delayed
- Kit Harington fights terrorism in 'Spooks: The Greater Good' trailer
- Billie Joe Armstrong musical 'These Paper Bullets!' coming to LA, NYC
- 'It Follows': The story behind the score
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 10 years, 20 defining moments
- 'Batman v. Superman' character portraits: Like the looks?
- 'American Crime Story' cast: Think each actor looks the part?
- Double trouble: Movie/TV characters who fight themselves
- Patricia Field on 5 costume gigs before she got 'Younger'
- Jimmy Fallon, Liv Tyler, Emilia Clarke & More!