David Baldacci’s first international thriller may take place largely outside the U.S., but like a Starbucks in London, it’s as Yankee as it gets. In The Whole Truth nearly all the major players are American, and the ones who aren’t have no power. A U.S. defense contractor hires an American ”perception management” firm to turn the world against Russia and create another Cold War (apparently Russia has no say in the matter). Meanwhile, an American journalist gets wind of the scheme. Fortunately, the plot travels with the same speed as its globe-trotting cast, but the action feels familiar and ends where you knew it would: back home. C+
The Whole Truth David Baldacci's first international thriller may take place largely outside the U.S., but like a Starbucks in London, it's as Yankee as it gets. In ...The Whole TruthFiction, Mystery and ThrillerDavid Baldacci David Baldacci's first international thriller may take place largely outside the U.S., but like a Starbucks in London, it's as Yankee as it gets. In ...2008-04-18Grand Central Publishing
Genre: Fiction, Mystery and Thriller; Author: David Baldacci; Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Posted April 18 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Amal Clooney says Egyptian Al-Jazeera conviction 'sends a dangerous message'
- 5 best non-singles from Kanye West's 'Late Registration' on its 10th anniversary
- 'Supernatural': Jensen Ackles talks season 11's female big bad
- See the Foo Fighters rock out with Blues Traveler's John Popper
- Hootie explains how he got name-checked in 'Mo Money Mo Problems'
- 9 little-known facts about Rihanna's first album
- Faith-based drama in tight race with 'Straight Outta Compton' at box office
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- 17 photos of people you forgot hung out at the VMAs
- 24 Movies With Great Opening Scenes
- 'Survivor: Cambodia—Second Chance' Cast Photos Revealed!
- Where is the cast of 'Can't Hardly Wait' now?
- Darius Rucker, Paris Hilton, Nick & Pharrell and More!