(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Brett Ratner (X-Men 3, the Rush Hour movies) is in negotiations with Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment to direct Eddie Murphy in a comic remake of the 1957 sci-fi flick The Incredible Shrinking Man. Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the team behind Reno 911! and Night at the Museum, penned the most recent version of the script, about a Vegas magician desperately looking to reverse a spell that makes him shrink. Currently on Ratner’s slate: Playboy, the Hugh Hefner biopic. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Steven A. Henry/Getty Images)
Posted April 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- That time Jon Stewart saved Bill Clinton from an awkward encounter
- Eddie Redmayne stuns in new posters for 'The Danish Girl'
- Walt Disney experts dismiss allegations he was anti-Semitic
- See the latest trailer for 'The Intern'
- John Oliver uses song to explain why Washington, D.C., should become a state
- David Byrne calls for streaming service transparency in op-ed
- Stars We Lost in 2015
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 6: 12 EW exclusive photos
- 10 must-have items from the 'Mad Men' auction: Exclusive
- Stars go back to work! 'Scandal,' 'Arrow,' 'The Good Wife,' more return to set
- Charlie Hunnam and Excalibur glisten in 'King Arthur' first look photos
- Sam Smith, Channing Tatum, Gwyneth Paltrow and More!