(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Brett Ratner (X-Men 3, the Rush Hour movies) is in negotiations with Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment to direct Eddie Murphy in a comic remake of the 1957 sci-fi flick The Incredible Shrinking Man. Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the team behind Reno 911! and Night at the Museum, penned the most recent version of the script, about a Vegas magician desperately looking to reverse a spell that makes him shrink. Currently on Ratner’s slate: Playboy, the Hugh Hefner biopic. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Steven A. Henry/Getty Images)
Posted April 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Marvel's 'Team Thor' Video Shows What He Was Up To During 'Civil War'
- Simone Biles wants to meet Kim Kardashian at the VMAs
- Idris Elba teases 'big chance' for more 'Luther'
- Charles Osgood retiring as anchor of CBS’ 'Sunday Morning'
- 'Spider-Man' star Tom Holland sends Chris Hemsworth a stunt challenge
- Kate Mara says she'd return for a 'Fantastic Four' sequel
- Aaron Paul's wife sent him the sweetest birthday message