(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Brett Ratner (X-Men 3, the Rush Hour movies) is in negotiations with Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment to direct Eddie Murphy in a comic remake of the 1957 sci-fi flick The Incredible Shrinking Man. Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the team behind Reno 911! and Night at the Museum, penned the most recent version of the script, about a Vegas magician desperately looking to reverse a spell that makes him shrink. Currently on Ratner’s slate: Playboy, the Hugh Hefner biopic. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Steven A. Henry/Getty Images)
Posted April 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Christina & Matt, Kendall Jenner, Jordin Sparks & More!