(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Brett Ratner (X-Men 3, the Rush Hour movies) is in negotiations with Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment to direct Eddie Murphy in a comic remake of the 1957 sci-fi flick The Incredible Shrinking Man. Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the team behind Reno 911! and Night at the Museum, penned the most recent version of the script, about a Vegas magician desperately looking to reverse a spell that makes him shrink. Currently on Ratner’s slate: Playboy, the Hugh Hefner biopic. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Steven A. Henry/Getty Images)
Posted April 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- James Bay adds some tambourine to Rihanna, Kanye West's 'FourFiveSeconds'
- Bill Cosby accuser tells her story
- Kelela and Arca team up for the gorgeous future-R&B track 'A Message'
- Elizabeth Henstridge talks 'Agents of SHIELD'...while playing 'Mario Kart'
- Jon Stewart gives WWE foe the 'Daily Shoe'--below the belt
- Comedian Matt Braunger on pilot season, his new album 'Big Dumb Animal,' and the science of titles
- 'Agents of SHIELD' eyes Skye's arc: 'Birth of a superhero'