(FROM HOLLYWOOD REPORTER) — Brett Ratner (X-Men 3, the Rush Hour movies) is in negotiations with Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment to direct Eddie Murphy in a comic remake of the 1957 sci-fi flick The Incredible Shrinking Man. Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant, the team behind Reno 911! and Night at the Museum, penned the most recent version of the script, about a Vegas magician desperately looking to reverse a spell that makes him shrink. Currently on Ratner’s slate: Playboy, the Hugh Hefner biopic. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Steven A. Henry/Getty Images)
Posted April 20 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Stan Lee gives a thumbs-up to new Spider-Man: 'He's good to me!'
- Vince Staples is a force to be reckoned with in the rap world
- Zendaya had the best response to people who hated her hair
- 'Zoo' star Kristen Connolly talks what it's like acting opposite a moody baby lion
- Paul Rudd tests 'Ant-Man's shrinking powers against a bathtub tidal wave
- Here are the most popular passages from 'Me and Earl and the Dying Girl'
- Dave Grohl was 'terrified' to watch Kurt Cobain documentary