(AP VIA YAHOO!) — Danny Federici, the keyboardist for Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band, died Thursday in New York, following a long battle with melanoma. He was 58. Federici was integral to Springsteen’s career — he, original E Street drummer Vini Lopez, and Bruce played in various Jersey bands together from the late ’60s. Affectionately called ”Phantom Dan” by Springsteen, he also helped shape the sound of Springsteen staples like ”Hungry Heart” and ”The Rising,” and last played with the Boss in March. ”Danny and I worked together for 40 years — he was the most wonderfully fluid keyboard player and a pure natural musician. I loved him very much…we grew up together,” Springsteen said in a statement on his website. Springsteen has postponed shows scheduled for Friday and Saturday in Florida. (<a href=”http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080418/ap_en_mu/obit_federici_16” target=”_new”” >AP via Yahoo!)
Posted January 17 2015 — 10:36 AM EST
- Bruce Jenner confesses Kim Kardashian was the first to know
- Kanye West helped Kim Kardashian accept Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner to Diane Sawyer: 'The female part of me is who I am'
- Casting Net: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau to star in thriller 'Shot Caller'
- Christian Bale knee injury delays production on Fox's 'The Deep Blue Good-by'
- Jared Leto as the Joker: 'Suicide Squad' director tweets a photo