(FROM AP) ? Eddie Izzard (The Riches) told Newsweek that he is eyeing a possible career in European politics. ”We’ve got to make it work in Europe,” the 46-year-old comedian told the magazine for its issue hitting newsstands on April 21. ”People are very worried about sovereignty and the loss of sovereignty. I think the stakes are if we don’t make the European Union work, then the world is screwed. End of story.” Izzard just finished shooting Valkyrie, which stars Tom Cruise, and he voices a character in the upcoming Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. His Istandup comedy act, ”Stripped,” will open on April 28 in Boston. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted April 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Read an exclusive excerpt from Estelle Laure's 'This Raging Light'
- 'Silicon Valley' star T.J. Miller on his 'absurd' HBO pilot 'The Gorburger Show'
- Casting Net: Woody Harrelson, Laura Dern in negotiations for 'Wilson'
- Natalie Portman relives 'dark moments' at Harvard in commencement speech
- Thom Yorke made an 18-day-long soundtrack, still not new Radiohead music
- 'Serial' set for two more seasons
- Jenelle Evans of 'Teen Mom 2': Arrest warrant