(FROM AP) ? Eddie Izzard (The Riches) told Newsweek that he is eyeing a possible career in European politics. ”We’ve got to make it work in Europe,” the 46-year-old comedian told the magazine for its issue hitting newsstands on April 21. ”People are very worried about sovereignty and the loss of sovereignty. I think the stakes are if we don’t make the European Union work, then the world is screwed. End of story.” Izzard just finished shooting Valkyrie, which stars Tom Cruise, and he voices a character in the upcoming Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. His Istandup comedy act, ”Stripped,” will open on April 28 in Boston. (AP via Yahoo!)
Posted April 21 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Prince announces three-day Labor Day party ahead of album release
- ABC Family's 13 Nights of Halloween: Who's joining Harry Potter and Batman?
- Christian Slater weighs in on 'Mr. Robot' twist and season finale
- 'Mr. Robot' finale postmortem: Creator Sam Esmail answers burning questions
- 'iZombie' season 2 trailer teases what (or who) is on the menu for Liv Moore
- Casting Net: Mad Men star Jessica Pare cast in Lovesick
- 'Can't Buy Me Love' star Amanda Peterson's cause of death was an overdose
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- 'American Horror Story: Hotel' First Look: 11 EW exclusive photos
- The A List Ladies, Jake Gyllenhaal, Anna & Jane and More!