In Britain, Jersey is a Channel Island best known for its prize cow herds. This Jersey has nothing to do with dairy — but it is the cream of the crop of pop-compilation musicals. That’s largely due to Jersey Boy’s cleverly constructed book, which embeds the hits of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in a plot that charts their rise to fame. Brits know tunes like ”Walk Like a Man” and ”Big Girls Don’t Cry” as well as Americans; the novelty here is the boys’ juicy backstory (criminal pasts, shady connections). As Frankie, the energetic evening’s anchor, Ryan Molloy displays amazing emotional and vocal range. (Tickets: jerseyboyslondon.com) A-
Jersey Boys -- London 2008In Britain, Jersey is a Channel Island best known for its prize cow herds. This Jersey has nothing to do with dairy — but it is the cream...Jersey Boys -- London 2008Marshall BrickmanIn Britain, Jersey is a Channel Island best known for its prize cow herds. This Jersey has nothing to do with dairy — but it is the cream...2008-04-22
(Brinkhoff and Mogenburg)
Director: Des McAnuff; Author: Marshall Brickman; Opening Date: 03/18/2008
Posted April 22 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Orphan Black' creator on that crazy, twerktastic episode: 'It was an important one for us'
- 'Orphan Black': Dylan Bruce on Paul's big moment
- Ryan Reynolds makes young fan's dream come true on 'Deadpool' set
- And the winner of the 2015 Eurovision Song Contest is...
- Stanley Kubrick's 'The Shining' at 35: Horror director Ted Geoghegan pays tribute
- Sting and Jimmy Fallon take 'Roxanne' to barbershop
- 'Mad Max' gets the 'Mario Kart' mashup it deserves
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- Ellie Kemper, more faces of the 2015 Webby Awards
- Karina Smirnoff, Zachary Quinto, Taylor Swift & More!