In Britain, Jersey is a Channel Island best known for its prize cow herds. This Jersey has nothing to do with dairy — but it is the cream of the crop of pop-compilation musicals. That’s largely due to Jersey Boy’s cleverly constructed book, which embeds the hits of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons in a plot that charts their rise to fame. Brits know tunes like ”Walk Like a Man” and ”Big Girls Don’t Cry” as well as Americans; the novelty here is the boys’ juicy backstory (criminal pasts, shady connections). As Frankie, the energetic evening’s anchor, Ryan Molloy displays amazing emotional and vocal range. (Tickets: jerseyboyslondon.com) A-
(Brinkhoff and Mogenburg)
Director: Des McAnuff; Author: Marshall Brickman; Opening Date: 03/18/2008; Status: In Season
Posted April 22 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters