(FROM AOL) - American Idol winner Jordin Sparks will miss all of the April dates on the Alicia Keys tour because of a throat injury. Doctors have told the singer to rest her voice or she could suffer permanent damage to her vocal cords. Sparks already canceled an appearance last week on Live With Regis and Kelly Show as well as Monday’s (April 21) Earth Day concert on the National Mall in Washington D.C. She will now also have to wait until some time in May to join the Keys tour, which kicked off over the weekend, as the opening act. A rep for the singer told AP that she is expected to make a ”full and complete recovery.” (AOL)
Posted April 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Box office preview: 'Don't Breathe' stalks top spot
- Rory Culkin's life becomes a nightmare in trailer for 'Jack Goes Home'
- Denzel Washington circling lead role in Dan Gilroy's 'Inner City'
- Hear Florence + the Machine's 'Wish That You Were Here'
- Ann Coulter, Ralph Macchio added to Rob Lowe roast
- 'Days of Our Lives' star Kassie DePaiva reveals leukemia diagnosis
- Final Five gymnastics team will present at the VMAs