(FROM AOL) - American Idol winner Jordin Sparks will miss all of the April dates on the Alicia Keys tour because of a throat injury. Doctors have told the singer to rest her voice or she could suffer permanent damage to her vocal cords. Sparks already canceled an appearance last week on Live With Regis and Kelly Show as well as Monday’s (April 21) Earth Day concert on the National Mall in Washington D.C. She will now also have to wait until some time in May to join the Keys tour, which kicked off over the weekend, as the opening act. A rep for the singer told AP that she is expected to make a ”full and complete recovery.” (AOL)
Posted April 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Benicio Del Toro hints again at 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' involvement
- 'Key & Peele' prove Neil deGrasse Tyson can use his brain to get out of anything
- 'Arrow' first look: Check out Diggle's new super suit
- 'House of Cards' actor joins 'Luke Cage' as Cottonmouth
- Anne Hathaway says she's already losing roles to younger actresses
- See Daniel Radcliffe play 'Grand Theft Auto' creator in new movie
- The 'Age of Ultron' gag reel proves the Avengers are only human (well, except Thor)
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- 16 TV characters who stuck around longer than expected
- Behind Lady Gaga's killer look in 'American Horror Story: Hotel'
- Heidi & Howie, Chris Evans, Kelly Rowland and More!