(FROM AOL) - American Idol winner Jordin Sparks will miss all of the April dates on the Alicia Keys tour because of a throat injury. Doctors have told the singer to rest her voice or she could suffer permanent damage to her vocal cords. Sparks already canceled an appearance last week on Live With Regis and Kelly Show as well as Monday’s (April 21) Earth Day concert on the National Mall in Washington D.C. She will now also have to wait until some time in May to join the Keys tour, which kicked off over the weekend, as the opening act. A rep for the singer told AP that she is expected to make a ”full and complete recovery.” (AOL)
Posted April 23 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- A$AP Rocky's 'At.Long.Last.A$AP' to drop at midnight
- Even Taylor Swift's mom thought it was 'Starbucks lovers'
- Two of B.B. King's daughters allege father was poisoned by employees
- Hear Icona Pop's new single 'Emergency'
- 'It' on hold; director Cary Fukunaga exits
- 'Jurassic World' director Colin Trevorrow dishes on deadly new dino Indominus Rex
- Drake: 'Madonna' out, 'Rihanna' in?
- 15 scary movies we saw as kids... that still haunt our nightmares
- Summer Movie Preview: 10 must-see documentaries
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' First Look: 7 photos from the set
- Cannes 2015: What's buzzing in film and fashion
- 'Survivor': Meet 20 alums you picked for a 'Second Chance'
- George & Amal, Prince Harry, Ansel Elgort & More!