(FROM Hollywood Reporter) ? Jason Batemen is teaming with Mike Judge for the Miramax comedy Extract, which Judge will direct from his own script. The story is about a flower extract plant owner (Bateman) who runs into a string of bad luck, including his wife’s affair with a gigolo. Judge previously used the workplace as a setting for comedy in his 1999 movie Office Space. Extract will be the first project produced under Judge’s new Ternion Prods., which he created with writer-producers John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. Judge is the creator of Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill, which he produced with Altschuler and Krinsky. Extract will be his third feature, following Office Space and Idiocracy. Bateman next will be seen in Hancock alongside Will Smith and in the Kevin MacDonald-directed State of Play. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Bateman: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images; Judge: Everett Collection)
Posted April 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Hear Erykah Badu and Andre 3000 team up for 'Hello'
- 'Gods of Egypt' director: 'Our casting choices should have been more diverse'
- Patti LaBelle spends Thanksgiving with pie fan James Wright
- Hear Sia's new single 'One Million Bullets'
- A breakdown of the 13 most absurd moments in the 'Rocky IV' training montages
- Anne Hathaway is pregnant
- New look at 'Batman v Superman' will debut during 'Gotham' fall finale