(FROM Hollywood Reporter) ? Jason Batemen is teaming with Mike Judge for the Miramax comedy Extract, which Judge will direct from his own script. The story is about a flower extract plant owner (Bateman) who runs into a string of bad luck, including his wife’s affair with a gigolo. Judge previously used the workplace as a setting for comedy in his 1999 movie Office Space. Extract will be the first project produced under Judge’s new Ternion Prods., which he created with writer-producers John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. Judge is the creator of Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill, which he produced with Altschuler and Krinsky. Extract will be his third feature, following Office Space and Idiocracy. Bateman next will be seen in Hancock alongside Will Smith and in the Kevin MacDonald-directed State of Play. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Bateman: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images; Judge: Everett Collection)
Posted April 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Deadpool makes a cameo in new 'Fantastic Four' trailer
- Drake disses Meek Mill during OVO Fest set
- Ellen DeGeneres tweets support for Amy Schumer after gun control speech
- 'Significant Mother' react: What did you think?
- Casting Net: Ali Larter returns for 'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter'
- Amazon defends making a TV show with Woody Allen
- Gwen Stefani and Gavin Rossdale are divorcing