(FROM Hollywood Reporter) ? Jason Batemen is teaming with Mike Judge for the Miramax comedy Extract, which Judge will direct from his own script. The story is about a flower extract plant owner (Bateman) who runs into a string of bad luck, including his wife’s affair with a gigolo. Judge previously used the workplace as a setting for comedy in his 1999 movie Office Space. Extract will be the first project produced under Judge’s new Ternion Prods., which he created with writer-producers John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. Judge is the creator of Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill, which he produced with Altschuler and Krinsky. Extract will be his third feature, following Office Space and Idiocracy. Bateman next will be seen in Hancock alongside Will Smith and in the Kevin MacDonald-directed State of Play. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Bateman: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images; Judge: Everett Collection)
Posted April 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Big Brother': Julie Chen answers our burning Qs
- See Nic Cage in his 'Superman Lives' costume
- Ava DuVernay decides not to direct 'Black Panther': 'We just didn't see eye to eye'
- LeBron James: Hollywood's newest MVP
- Know this week's pop culture news? Take EW's quiz to find out
- 10 celebrity memoirs to devour this summer
- Celebrate Independence Day with Steven Tyler's new country video
- 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice': 6 EW exclusive photos
- Comic-Con 2015 preview: 10 panels we can't wait to see
- 'Seinfeld' faves: Where are they now?
- 14 high school movies that defined their year
- 26 TV faves you forgot were in 'Seinfeld' episodes
- Miranda Kerr, Ewan & Chiwetel, Karlie Kloss & More!