(FROM Hollywood Reporter) ? Jason Batemen is teaming with Mike Judge for the Miramax comedy Extract, which Judge will direct from his own script. The story is about a flower extract plant owner (Bateman) who runs into a string of bad luck, including his wife’s affair with a gigolo. Judge previously used the workplace as a setting for comedy in his 1999 movie Office Space. Extract will be the first project produced under Judge’s new Ternion Prods., which he created with writer-producers John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky. Judge is the creator of Beavis and Butthead and King of the Hill, which he produced with Altschuler and Krinsky. Extract will be his third feature, following Office Space and Idiocracy. Bateman next will be seen in Hancock alongside Will Smith and in the Kevin MacDonald-directed State of Play. (Hollywood Reporter)
(Bateman: Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images; Judge: Everett Collection)
Posted April 29 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Castle' books 'The O.C.' star in season 8
- 'Big Brother' host Julie Chen calls eviction 'ridiculous and dumb'; says Steve 'chickened out'
- Caitlyn Jenner explains how her views on marriage equality have evolved
- Ed Burns was super nervous his first day working with Tom Hanks on 'Saving Private Ryan'
- Blue Ivy dedicates Disney favorite to mom Beyoncé on her birthday
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Murder,' 'Scandal' & more
- The music we loved this week
- Force Friday: See Hasbro's 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' toys
- How three worlds collided for the Shondaland cast shoot: See the exclusive photos
- 8 most polarizing celebrities in 'Dancing With the Stars' history
- All the VMAs 2015 performances graded
- VMAs 2015 Red Carpet: See All the Looks!
- Johnny Depp, Gabrielle Union, Karlie Kloss & More!