After Gummo and Julien Donkey-Boy, the director Harmony Korine evinces a kind of integrity — he tries never to entertain, and lo, he succeeds. In Mister Lonely, his latest grunge diddle, a Michael Jackson impersonator (Diego Luna) lands at a colony of celebrity imitators that’s like an insane asylum for the Age of Fame. Samantha Morton pops up as ”Marilyn Monroe,” but none of the faux icons comes close to being a character. Instead, they are contrasted with a group of nuns who skydive without parachutes. Could this possibly be a metaphor for Korine’s filmmaking? It certainly goes splat. D
Genre: Drama, Comedy; Starring: Diego Luna, Samantha Morton; Director: Harmony Korine; Author: Harmony Korine; Release Date Limited: 04/30/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 112; MPAA Rating: Unrated
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Black Panther vs. Winter Soldier in 'Captain America: Civil War' clip
- Beyonce postpones 'Formation' tour's Nashville concert stop
- 'The Martian' extended cut has 10 minutes of extra footage
- Woody Harrelson denied medical marijuana dispensary license: Report
- WATCH: How Ryan Gosling put Margaret Qualley at ease on 'Nice Guys'
- 'That '70s Show' cast reunite on the set of Netflix's 'The Ranch'
- See President Obama's Very First White House Correspondents Dinner
- 13 Times Real Pain Inspired Great Art
- Destiny's Child's Best Matching Outfits Through the Years
- 'The Simpsons': See the Voices Behind Your Favorite Characters
- All the Photos From Beyonce's 'Formation' Tour
- 40 Celebrities Who Threw Out The First Pitch