Audray Dana plays a waitress (or is she a hooker?) abandoned by her fiancé; Fanny Ardant plays a popular author who doesn’t write her own books; and the fine, squish-faced character actor Dominique Pinon plays a fellow who may be the novelist’s ghostwriter (or is he a serial killer?) posing as the fiancé of the waitress/hooker. When first unveiling his enjoyably crafty thriller Roman de Gare — a sly catalog of deceits and a gentle commentary on slippery creativity and desire — the enduring Gallic filmmaker Claude Lelouch took a pseudonym for further obfuscation. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant; Director: Claude Lelouch; Author: Claude Lelouch; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): In Season; MPAA Rating: In Season; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Sports Illustrated' reveals how the NFL persuaded Michael Jackson to perform at the Super Bowl
- Rachael Taylor joins 'A.K.A. Jessica Jones'
- Study: Binge-watching TV might make you sad
- A.J. McLean previews 'raw' Backstreet Boys documentary
- NEEDTOBREATHE teams with Gavin DeGraw for 'Brother'
- Disney to intro its first Latina princess
- Box office preview: 'Project Almanac' joins 'American Sniper' in theaters