Audray Dana plays a waitress (or is she a hooker?) abandoned by her fiancé; Fanny Ardant plays a popular author who doesn’t write her own books; and the fine, squish-faced character actor Dominique Pinon plays a fellow who may be the novelist’s ghostwriter (or is he a serial killer?) posing as the fiancé of the waitress/hooker. When first unveiling his enjoyably crafty thriller Roman de Gare — a sly catalog of deceits and a gentle commentary on slippery creativity and desire — the enduring Gallic filmmaker Claude Lelouch took a pseudonym for further obfuscation. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant; Director: Claude Lelouch; Author: Claude Lelouch; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'Game of Thrones': Red Wedding actor breaks silence on surprise return
- 'Game of Thrones' producer on the return of THAT character
- Madonna fires back at BET after Twitter diss: 'I will shade you'
- Here's how Mindy Kaling pranked B.J. Novak on 'The Office'
- Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros host vow renewal at N.C. show
- Hugh Jackman congratulates class of 2016 with graduation throwback pic
- 'Kung Fury' director teases a sequel
- The Best Summer Vacations in Movies
- See Exclusive Behind-the-Scenes Photos From Disney Channel Original Movies
- Getting 'Close' With Nick Jonas: See EW's Exclusive Cover Shoot
- Carpool Karaoke: James Corden's Most-Watched Videos
- The Most Famous Swimsuit Scenes From TV and Movies
- See All of Entertainment Weekly's X-Men Covers