Audray Dana plays a waitress (or is she a hooker?) abandoned by her fiancé; Fanny Ardant plays a popular author who doesn’t write her own books; and the fine, squish-faced character actor Dominique Pinon plays a fellow who may be the novelist’s ghostwriter (or is he a serial killer?) posing as the fiancé of the waitress/hooker. When first unveiling his enjoyably crafty thriller Roman de Gare — a sly catalog of deceits and a gentle commentary on slippery creativity and desire — the enduring Gallic filmmaker Claude Lelouch took a pseudonym for further obfuscation. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant; Director: Claude Lelouch; Author: Claude Lelouch; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Status: In Season; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Watch Drake and LeBron James (almost) play kickball
- Simon Kinberg defends 'Fantastic 4': 'It’s not a disaster'
- Fall Out Boy, The Black Keys, and more are coming to 'Rock Band 4'
- EWwy Awards 2015: Sam Heughan, Andrew Lincoln face off
- Selena Gomez plays the villain in 'Bad Blood' behind-the-scenes clip
- Francis Ford Coppola explains the Old Hollywood magic of 'Dracula'
- Exclusive first look at Joan Collins' return to E!'s 'The Royals'