Audray Dana plays a waitress (or is she a hooker?) abandoned by her fiancé; Fanny Ardant plays a popular author who doesn’t write her own books; and the fine, squish-faced character actor Dominique Pinon plays a fellow who may be the novelist’s ghostwriter (or is he a serial killer?) posing as the fiancé of the waitress/hooker. When first unveiling his enjoyably crafty thriller Roman de Gare — a sly catalog of deceits and a gentle commentary on slippery creativity and desire — the enduring Gallic filmmaker Claude Lelouch took a pseudonym for further obfuscation. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant; Director: Claude Lelouch; Author: Claude Lelouch; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Carly Rae Jepsen teases new album after releasing 'E·MO·TION Side B'
- 'Game of Thrones' actor Jason Momoa now has his own Guinness beer
- When are the VMAs? And other burning questions answered!
- 'Documentary Now!': Laura Bell Bundy, Lennon Parham to guest-star
- Jimmy Kimmel pranks Kanye West fans with fake new Yeezys
- Hulu Hot List: The best book-to-screen adaptations
- See an exclusive first look at 'The Life and Death of John Gotti'