Audray Dana plays a waitress (or is she a hooker?) abandoned by her fiancé; Fanny Ardant plays a popular author who doesn’t write her own books; and the fine, squish-faced character actor Dominique Pinon plays a fellow who may be the novelist’s ghostwriter (or is he a serial killer?) posing as the fiancé of the waitress/hooker. When first unveiling his enjoyably crafty thriller Roman de Gare — a sly catalog of deceits and a gentle commentary on slippery creativity and desire — the enduring Gallic filmmaker Claude Lelouch took a pseudonym for further obfuscation. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant; Director: Claude Lelouch; Author: Claude Lelouch; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- Justin Timberlake's illegal voting booth selfie is 'under review'
- 'This Is Us' preview: Creator Dan Fogelman on 'The Game Plan'
- Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid perform Justin Bieber's 'Baby'
- Bob Saget teases 'Fuller House' Thanksgiving episode with new photo
- Donald Trump says he has ‘no interest’ in Trump TV
- Australian 'Bachelor' contestants fall in love with each other
- Amy Schumer responds to backlash from 'Formation' parody video
- 'The Walking Dead': Exclusive Season Premiere Storyboards
- 'Gilmore Girls' Trailer: A Deep Dive Into the Return to Stars Hollow
- 15 Ultimate Halloween Movie Picks, From Horror-Loving Actors and Filmmakers
- This Is What the 2001 CMAs Looked Like
- 'Smallville': Where Are They Now?
- Flashback to Taylor Swift's First Album Drop