Audray Dana plays a waitress (or is she a hooker?) abandoned by her fiancé; Fanny Ardant plays a popular author who doesn’t write her own books; and the fine, squish-faced character actor Dominique Pinon plays a fellow who may be the novelist’s ghostwriter (or is he a serial killer?) posing as the fiancé of the waitress/hooker. When first unveiling his enjoyably crafty thriller Roman de Gare — a sly catalog of deceits and a gentle commentary on slippery creativity and desire — the enduring Gallic filmmaker Claude Lelouch took a pseudonym for further obfuscation. B+
Genre: Drama; Starring: Dominique Pinon, Fanny Ardant; Director: Claude Lelouch; Author: Claude Lelouch; Release Date Limited: 04/18/2008; Runtime (in minutes): 103; MPAA Rating: R; Distributor: Samuel Goldwyn Films
Posted April 30 2008 — 12:00 AM EDT
- 'The Good Place': Kristen Bell reveals fun facts on Twitter
- John Carpenter's eerie new music video is 'an android's nightmare'
- Sarah Jessica Parker: More 'Sex and the City' is 'always a possibility'
- Final chapter in 'Rogue One' toy story shorts unveiled
- Lupita Nyong’o raps to celebrate hitting 3 million instagram followers
- Watch kid 'Hamilton' fans sing 'The Room Where It Happens'
- 'Simpsons' return crushes everything else in ratings